Going Nuts try to build again

Hello everyone I just wanted to say hello again. After a few years away
because of many deciding factors, namely my failing eye sight,
I want to give it a try again.
Don't expect much I am starting off slowly to see if I can see.
I have many kits, finally out of storage and some scratch builds.
Cad work is out because my lenses and magnification on the computer is to high.
Anyway just wanted to say Hi and I have a lots of reading to catch up on. Dave

Hallo Dave,
a warm welcome here on board of our forum, a very friendly one.
We will help as much as possible to bring you back into this beautiful hobby.

Hello I am an old model builder. I enjoyed working constructing model boats.
I am Civil Engineer, worked at different parts if the world. But now retired and became realy tired. Model building at the evening of building contruction was my model building time. As a project manager you don't have to have friends wirking together with you. At middle of desert you have no chance for night life. Your full time place is the construction site. Model making was only jjoy for me. Now I am 81 years old. 8 like hto bre among the sails, reading my only pleasure. I am not very active for construction.

Last edited:
Welcome back, Dave.
I just pulled my first build out of storage with only the hull finished and am jumping back in to finish it up after a couple of years of abandoning it (boy does the time fly!). Good luck with your restart, and just do what you can/that your eyesight will allow. Maybe just short working sessions? Best wishes for success and enjoyment. Thumbsup

Last edited:
I am Civil Engineer, worked at different parts if the world. But now retired and became realy tired. Model building at the evening of building contruction was my model building time. As a project manager you don't have to have friends wirking together with you. At middle of desert you have no chance for night life. Your full time place is the construction site. Model making was only jjoy for me. Now I am 81 years old. 8 like hto bre among the sails, reading my only pleasure. I am not very active for construction.
Hqallo and sending a warm welcome here on board ...... I understand very well. I am by myself a civil engineer, working since the beginning of my career in the international business.......welcome and enjoy the forum and modeling

Hallo @Taner ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special day and celebrate your "81"st Birthday with family and friends
Birthday-Cake

Back