Gold Version of the Black Pearl - My First Build

Well, I finished the last five cannons today. Ship is pretty much done and on display. I ordered a display case for it today. Sitting at around 150 hours give or take. It was a fun ride. Hope to do another one at some point, fully rigged. No real complaints with the kit except the instructions and the fiddly bow railing. Couldn’t have done it without all the resources on this website! Thank everybody.

View attachment 367405View attachment 367406View attachment 367407View attachment 367408View attachment 367409
Nicely done.

Plexiglass is more expensive than I thought it would be last time I looked. I’d like to find some plans online. It would definitely be cheaper than buying one already built.

This was an absolutely splendid build and the neatest BP I have seen. Congratulations on this fine work!

There is a model shipbuilder who built this same ship name is boilerdan1 and he videotaped it on utube. Was very informative
I am also building the BP. I have watched his videos and I thought he did a good job putting it together.

Well, just opened the box tonight and inventoried everything, all seems to be in order. Removed the keel pieces and filed the edge profile on the first piece. I will try to keep track of build time in the log. I expect to be rather slow and cautious as this is my first ship build ever. I will also have tons of questions as the directions are not so great.

Build Time So Far = 30 Minutes

Larry

View attachment 225514View attachment 225513
I will follow you, this will be my first build as well. Have watched Boilerdan1 on utube, he made the same one about a year ago

Ok, so you guys might think this was a silly idea but what the heck. I was thinking about led lighting for my ship. I like the idea of Evan Designs flicker lighting but wasn't keen on spending 75-100 dollars getting it set up. I started thinking about the led lights that I use for Christmas Decorations and decided to give them a shot. I think it's going to work out just fine plus they have a built in timer which I love. What do you think

Here is the three for the lanterns plus three on each side for the Captain's cabin.
View attachment 226951

I ran two inside of the entry to the cabin.
View attachment 226950

There are several below this deck but I think I will have to notch the frame so it can shine to both sides.
View attachment 226949
Do you have any suggestions of videos or books that can explain wiring, I know nothing about wiring, but would like to use it on a build and I like your ideas

Back