gone missing

Dave Stevens (Lumberyard)

Staff member
Sponsor

I think we talked about this before but I could not find the topic.

it seems to have happened again.

I was researching shipyards and had 5 book out I was looking through. Now I have a spot in the house where I sit by the computer and a desk. I had these book out on a pile on the desk. someone asked me a question and I remembered seeing it in a book on the history of the Philly navy yard. I went to the books and that book was not there. at the time I did not think much of it and took the other book and put them back on the book shelf, thinking ok I must of put that book someplace else. Again I was asked if I checked the date, I have searched this house room by room every nook and space in my work area this is now week 6 and that book vanished in thin air as if it was never here. I looked on every book shelf under the couch, in the work room everywhere and nothing not a trace of it. but the other 4 book are sitting on the shelf where I put them.
makes me wonder how it can not be here

Staff member
Sponsor

what is spooky is I actually questioned myself if I actually had the book, maybe it was something I read on line. so I checked and yes I found the receipt for the book.
it is not like there is a bunch of people in this house just my wife and me and she said she did not touch my stuff.
I may not be at the top of my game when it comes to house keeping but it is controlled chaos I know where thing are and this has gone missing

MM2CVS9

I think I could fill a house with all the stuff that's gone missing - geeze, maybe that's the problem, a whole house full of missing stuff.

Sid Barras

It’s always the wife, Dave. Just keep repeating that to yourself. Keeps the dementia at bay

Staff member
Sponsor

actually I did ask her more than once if she took the book or saw it nope it's still missing.

happens once well anything could happen

happens twice its a coincidence

happened 3 times makes you wonder

things go missing more than people realize