Good afternoon!

It's with some hesitation that I step into this distinguished company so very early in my modelling "career". Over my lifetime I've built a number of small boats at full size, beginning with a Mirror Dinghy and culminating in the restoration of a derelict Folkboat. In retirement I've discovered modelling as a way of continuing my relationship with boats, and have thus far completed a rowing skiff and a 1/10 model of my old folkboat, built from scratch, using the plans of the original. I'm now at the very beginning of a project to build a model based on the Dutch /Hanseatic Galliot, abstracting my design from various photographs found in books and on-line. It won't be an exact replica, rather something loosely based on the Galliot concept. I would be very interested to hear any comments, advice and so on ...... I will probably try to post a "build log" as I go on. Thanks again for your welcome .... good to be with you!

I joined hours in front of you. Welcome and thanks for sparing me from totally new guy status!

I like your "loosely based on the ... concept" idea. That's my style in a neat phrase.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

It's with some hesitation that I step into this distinguished company so very early in my modelling "career". Over my lifetime I've built a number of small boats at full size, beginning with a Mirror Dinghy and culminating in the restoration of a derelict Folkboat. In retirement I've discovered modelling as a way of continuing my relationship with boats, and have thus far completed a rowing skiff and a 1/10 model of my old folkboat, built from scratch, using the plans of the original. I'm now at the very beginning of a project to build a model based on the Dutch /Hanseatic Galliot, abstracting my design from various photographs found in books and on-line. It won't be an exact replica, rather something loosely based on the Galliot concept. I would be very interested to hear any comments, advice and so on ...... I will probably try to post a "build log" as I go on. Thanks again for your welcome .... good to be with you!
Hallo @alanglasby
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back