Goto Predestinatsia

Maarten

Staff member
Forum Moderator

Being one of the first Russian ships of the line, the original build in 1698 and this replica in 2014. It is a museum in Russia in a place called Voronezh.
You see there are still some hidden gems out there like this replica I had never heared about before.
goto-predestinaciya_03.jpgcaption.jpg3dad928400c2b09afe953a0d5816776938c462d9.jpg38364096.lndhkmf1j8.W665.jpgL1Tnxjn.jpg
caption-3.jpg
goto-predestinaciya-voronezh-15.jpg
zzdu9ydq3-1280x-752.jpg
k.jpg
caption-2.jpg
caption-1.jpg
20200815_091654.jpg

Last edited:
Привет! В 2019 году в Санкт-Петербурге спущен на воду линкор «Полтава». Вместе с фрегатом «Стандарт», построенным 10 лет назад, и «Гото Предестинация» получается хорошая эскадрилья.:)

google:
Hello! In 2019, the battleship Poltava was launched in St. Petersburg. Together with the frigate "Standard", built 10 years ago, and "Goto Predestination", we get a good squadron. :)

Полтава 2.jpgПолтава.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Goto Predestination", a really beautiful ship, I have model ship plans
and I'm going to build it .. but it takes time and I don't have much of that, what not to say .. I will definitely start building this beautiful ship of line this year.
Thank you for sharing pictures .
Best regards

"Goto Predestination", a really beautiful ship, I have model ship plans
and I'm going to build it .. but it takes time and I don't have much of that, what not to say .. I will definitely start building this beautiful ship of line this year.
Thank you for sharing pictures .
Best regards
Very interesting project - so I hope, that we can follow your work on this model in a building log?!?

Very interesting project - so I hope, that we can follow your work on this model in a building log?!?
Of course, for now I am collecting the necessary materials and photographic and historical documentation.
The 1:50 scale has requirements and it is impossible to introduce simplifications as in smaller models.

Of course, for now I am collecting the necessary materials and photographic and historical documentation.
The 1:50 scale has requirements and it is impossible to introduce simplifications as in smaller models.
A very long time, about 15 years ago, I purchased a set of plans ( 9 sheets) made by a Polish engineer. The place I bought may still exist, at least a website is functioning. Taubman Plan Services (link below).

I found the listing, unfortunately, the direct link doesn't work. See the screenshot.

1678668195987.png 1678668277079.png

Click on plans, and choose Historic Sail Ship Plans, in the next page, You can find Predestinacja. You may give them a call first to make sure their business operates. Good luck!

IMG_2694.jpeg

A very long time, about 15 years ago, I purchased a set of plans ( 9 sheets) made by a Polish engineer. The place I bought may still exist, at least a website is functioning. Taubman Plan Services (link below).

I found the listing, unfortunately, the direct link doesn't work. See the screenshot.

View attachment 362610 View attachment 362611

Click on plans, and choose Historic Sail Ship Plans, in the next page, You can find Predestinacja. You may give them a call first to make sure their business operates. Good luck!

View attachment 362615
These plans of mine are from 1988, but as far as I know, this is the second elaboration/edition has six sheets, probably a more modest edition. , the first one was probably in 1974 but at that time I was building other simpler models ... as far as I remember it was the Columbus fleet.
Thank you for the link, I will definitely check it out. And if you want to sell your plans, I will be happy to talk about the price.
Thank you and best regards

Glad to help, Estis. Unfortunately, I don't have the plan to sell my plans, at least today. Also, not sure about another set. At the time I purchased mine, another set was not optional. I guess if you call them, they will help to identify the difference. But the obvious difference is the scale 1:50 versus 1:100 and the number of sheets in the set.

Glad to help, Estis. Unfortunately, I don't have the plan to sell my plans, at least today. Also, not sure about another set. At the time I purchased mine, another set was not optional. I guess if you call them, they will help to identify the difference. But the obvious difference is the scale 1:50 versus 1:100 and the number of sheets in the set.
Thanks again, my plans don't have any drawings of the midship superstructures and the fore and aft walls below deck, that's the reason I'm looking for a comparison. It looks like the author forgot one sheet or the publisher.
We'll see what Taubman says. There is no rush for now.

Thanks again, my plans don't have any drawings of the midship superstructures and the fore and aft walls below deck, that's the reason I'm looking for a comparison. It looks like the author forgot one sheet or the publisher.
We'll see what Taubman says. There is no rush for now.
I live in the UK and the company you recommended to me is in NY, USA, so all contact with them will take some time. :)

I live in the UK and the company you recommended to me is in NY, USA, so all contact with them will take some time. :)
The plans are still available on Allegro(polish ebay). I don't know if they send parcels to UK but it's much closer distance and you can always try to buy them second-hand (olx platform)

The plans are still available on Allegro(polish ebay). I don't know if they send parcels to UK but it's much closer distance and you can always try to buy them second-hand (olx platform)

No tak kolego tyle że jest to opracowanie pana Rosińskiego dokladnie to samo co mam ja , wiec jest to bez sensu , gdybym zdobył to wcześniejsze wydanie to byl bym w stanie porównać rysunki i ilość arkuszy .
Dziękuję bardzo

Well, my friend, but this is Mr. Rosiński's work exactly the same as I have, so it makes no sense, if I got the earlier edition, I would be able to compare the drawings and the number of sheets.
Thank you

Back