I'm pretty new to shipbuilding; I got into it about a year ago and am now completely hooked on this area of model building.
But I had this crazy idea—probably out of delusions of grandeur and ignorance—to build a diorama featuring a 1:48-scale ship.
I don't know what got into me; I think it was the Dunning-Kruger effect, in which people with limited knowledge greatly overestimate their own abilities and knowledge.
For learning i started shipbuilding in August of last year, I built the USS Constitution 1797 Cross Section kit from Model Shipways. It was still pretty amateurish, but I managed to finish it.

After that, just as a warm-up, I built the HMS Flirt 1782 from Vanguard Models—great model, great designer. That one was a bit more challenging:

And then I got carried away.
I fell in love with the Granado 1742 by CAF, a 1:48 POV, built by Uwek from Vienna.
He had the nerve to take that ship apart. And if one Viennese can do it, so can another, I thought to myself.
No sooner said than done—I bought the ship (actually, I gave it to myself as a Christmas present) and started building it on December 25, 2025.

But I had this crazy idea—probably out of delusions of grandeur and ignorance—to build a diorama featuring a 1:48-scale ship.
I don't know what got into me; I think it was the Dunning-Kruger effect, in which people with limited knowledge greatly overestimate their own abilities and knowledge.
For learning i started shipbuilding in August of last year, I built the USS Constitution 1797 Cross Section kit from Model Shipways. It was still pretty amateurish, but I managed to finish it.

After that, just as a warm-up, I built the HMS Flirt 1782 from Vanguard Models—great model, great designer. That one was a bit more challenging:

And then I got carried away.
I fell in love with the Granado 1742 by CAF, a 1:48 POV, built by Uwek from Vienna.
He had the nerve to take that ship apart. And if one Viennese can do it, so can another, I thought to myself.
No sooner said than done—I bought the ship (actually, I gave it to myself as a Christmas present) and started building it on December 25, 2025.

Last edited:























































