Grants Xebec 1:60 (using Jabeque Cazador Occre1:60 kit) [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good afternoon.
I am getting some decent (hopefully) American Walnut bases for the stand. I am going to make a display case for my Victory at the same time. Last week I printed some of the Lions (same as on the rail) which will hold the ship onto the walnut base:

I drilled a 2mm hole through the resin Lions and a steel Rod run through the Lion into the ship. I had the the bulkheads marked and luckily the rod runs deep up the bulkhead. Pretty strong.
View attachment 446105
View attachment 446107View attachment 446106
….and of course I get the angle of the fore Lion slightly out. Drilling upside down- I have an excuse.ROTFROTF. I have not glued them in so maybe I can fix it??
Cheers Grant
Dear Grant
Outstanding work and wonderful result
Congratulations

Still considering my stand and case however my daughter came back from her secondment to Canada and bought me back some brass black:D:D:D. No more brass for my next ship.
Ooooo, got to get me some of that! Blacking the brass bits of my Fly has been the most tedious and frustrating part of the build. Looking forward to seeing how it works Grant Thumbsup

Ooooo, got to get me some of that! Blacking the brass bits of my Fly has been the most tedious and frustrating part of the build. Looking forward to seeing how it works Grant Thumbsup
Good morning Mark. I will let you know sometime….I have seen guys use this to really good effect. The brass on my Xebec looks OK and will naturally change over time- especially here in Melkbosstrand. When I build my first “proper” ship I will want to attempt to get it authentic, so brass black will be welcome :D. Cheers Grant

Good morning Mark. I will let you know sometime….I have seen guys use this to really good effect. The brass on my Xebec looks OK and will naturally change over time- especially here in Melkbosstrand. When I build my first “proper” ship I will want to attempt to get it authentic, so brass black will be welcome :D. Cheers Grant
Hey Grant,

There is a slight learning curve with BB - let me know when you're ready and I'll share what I've learned.

Hey Grant,

There is a slight learning curve with BB - let me know when you're ready and I'll share what I've learned.
Good morning Paul. I most certainly will. Thanks.
I feel a separate thread coming on... looking forward to your advice and experiences Paul Thumbsup
True story Mark. Us mere mortals need guys like Paul.
Cheers Grant

Hi Grant, my belated congratulations on the completion of the building of such a beautiful ship! Sorry, I've been away for a couple of weeks.
Congratulations on the very beautiful model and the detailed production process, which is very useful for reference.
Thank you kindly gentlemen. It was a very enjoyable build. My next project is going to be an attempt of a replica which may be a challenge for me. Once again I appreciate your compliments.
Cheers Grant

Hi Grant,

Late to the after party - but I've followed and noted many times how outstanding this log has been!! Beautiful ship, built by a super talented craftsmen !!

Cheers indeed. BeerBeer

Hi Grant,

Late to the after party - but I've followed and noted many times how outstanding this log has been!! Beautiful ship, built by a super talented craftsmen !!

Cheers indeed. BeerBeer
Grant, please accept my congratulations on completing this interesting project. The model really turned out great!
Good morning Dave and John
Thank you very much. Cheers Grant

Had a beer and I missed the final :rolleyes: ----- Grant you display some extraordinary skills and produce stunningly impressive work. Congratulations on finishing this build. Thankfully the Springboks aren't as skilled and efficient as your work.... Big Cheers BeerBeerBeerBeer

Had a beer and I missed the final :rolleyes: ----- Grant you display some extraordinary skills and produce stunningly impressive work. Congratulations on finishing this build. Thankfully the Springboks aren't as skilled and efficient as your work.... Big Cheers BeerBeerBeerBeer
Thank you. True story about the Boks, they pretty much just bully the other teams for their victories hence the 7:1 bench split - does work for them tho.
That is a great stand Grant, the combination is looking perfect
Thank you Peter.

Cheers Grant

Back