Grants Xebec 1:60 (using Jabeque Cazador Occre1:60 kit)

Well than, rectangle shape it is on Grant's Xebec. :)
I'm struggeling on my sails and especially how to make these. I have no sewing service found yet. :rolleyes:
Then I'm still puzzeling on the running rigging part of the build. I have studied the plans of the Ancre Monograph, but the rigging part isn't the best I've seen.
The Parrel part of each yard is the biggest mistery of all. But, I'm sure I've figuered it all out before you get to it and so you can decide it to use it as a guide. :cool:
Good afternoon Peter. I have already used your build time and time again. I am really grateful your are ahead of me. Best reference. Cheers Grant

I love the look of the lateen sails. They are quite different than what I am used to seeing. Will your foremast be rakes forward as I have seen in many old pictures of these types of ships?
Good morning Vic. The Lanteen sail and sleekness of the Xebec is what appealed to me - probably the reason for me choosing a Xebec to build. Yes my mast will also angle forward. I am still trying to work out why the shipwrights made it angle forward. Cheers Grant

Good morning. I don’t take enough pictures of the whole ship….so here is a whole pile of Grants attempt for a Xebec for “Simon the dancer”. ;) Tried to get all angles.
View attachment 376973
View attachment 376974View attachment 376975View attachment 376976View attachment 376977View attachment 376978View attachment 376979
…..and a fun photo…
View attachment 376980
Cheers Grant
I seem to remember that you requested more complete ship shots from me as well. That’s the way everyone will view it in real life. I especially like the upside down view. Let the waves fill the sails instead of the air!

Good morning. I don’t take enough pictures of the whole ship….so here is a whole pile of Grants attempt for a Xebec for “Simon the dancer”. ;) Tried to get all angles.
View attachment 376973
View attachment 376974View attachment 376975View attachment 376976View attachment 376977View attachment 376978View attachment 376979
…..and a fun photo…
View attachment 376980
Cheers Grant
Grant, what a beautiful looking Xebec! The fact that your swear-jars are overflowing, well, maybe the Admiral deserves a little treat...

I have an admission to make: while I enjoy the lines of your Xebec from bow to stern, I still can't get used to that heli deck of yours; to me it looks out of wack, when compared to the rest of the ship. It has an almost B17-like appearance, it's nick being a big a.. bird...
Having said that; it's your model, your decisions and when all is said and done, it will very likely find a proud spot in the Grant household, my remarks a mere footnote in the history of this build.

Clean Grant, simply beautiful.
Good work
Grant, i visit your log not nearly enough, but she is looking beautiful , what aa lovely and excellent piece of work you are doing here.
I love the lines she got.
It's just a piece of beauty in it's own rights. Stunning ship you are making here! Okay Thumbs-Up
Your Xebec is coming together very nicely Grant, great work Thumbsup
Wow! That’s beautiful Grant! I really like the color scheme. You’re doing a fantastic job! ;)
Good morning Guys. Thank you very much. These compliments are sincerely appreciated especially coming from you guys whose ships, (…and a F1 lotus- check out @Dean62 build it’s worth it) modelling skills and experience I admire. Cheers Grant

Wow, that looks great. Very nice lines in that ship.

Jan

(BTW, I like the display stand, still lots of room for dining guests)
Good morning Jan. Thank you, I always appreciate your comments and encouragement. The display stand was allowed for a 2min photo shot only….Admirals instructions ROTF . Cheers Grant

I seem to remember that you requested more complete ship shots from me as well. That’s the way everyone will view it in real life. I especially like the upside down view. Let the waves fill the sails instead of the air!
Good morning Vic. Yep I get so involved in all the detail I forget to send pics of the whole ship…..a little hypocritical as I always like to see others whole ships….:rolleyes:. I guess I got the ballast wrong and she capsized on launch….ROTF.Cheers Grant

Back