Great New Kit

Glad to have the opertunity to own and later build this famous kit from Canadian builders.
We have had a great pre-build and launching of the group forum which greases the skids to put the kits where they need to be . . . on our work benches. Thanks to our Captain, Master Mate, Bos'n, and crew members who signed the muster book for their pay! Bluenose POF. Rich (PT-2)

Hello All, Welcome aboard the New Bluenose Build Form. It's Great to have our Own Form, a place to build our up and coming Bluenose's that I am sure will be a very rewarding and challenging build.
I wish to thank Heinrich for bringing this great POF Bluenose to us, also for all of his hard work over the last couple of months, and also for his Great Bluenose interdiction that has inspired so many builders.
I wish to thank Donnie and Zoly for there wonderful support in launching this Bluenose project, also to Zoly for his hard devoted work in setting up this wonderful form.
Regards Lawrence

Today at the post my ordered: "Bluenose II, Saga of the Great Fishing Schooners" by L.B. Jenson. What a beautiful book with beautiful drawings.
I'm already looking forward to the upcoming kit. I see a lot of details and I'm curious what the kit has in it and what I can build myself.
And the same question as by the Robert E. Lee: building the original of the “II”?;)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
@Peter Voogt Hi Peter. The kit was designed as the original Bluenose, but the choice is yours. We have sent out the first PayPal bill today and already received payment. Thank you @Canoe21 Lawrence! Everything went smoothly so you will be soon be faced with that wonderful dilemma!

@Peter Voogt Hi Peter. The kit was designed as the original Bluenose, but the choice is yours. We have sent out the first PayPal bill today and already received payment. Thank you @Canoe21 Lawrence! Everything went smoothly so you will be soon be faced with that wonderful dilemma!
I have not seen an invoice in the inbox and am now on the edge of my hammock trying not to fall out waiting. Rich (PT-2)

@PT-2 Hello Rich. I just wanted to see first how the PayPal payment works. That has worked beautifully - all good. The second thing that I want to check is the courier companies' pick-up of the first kit today. Please bear with me. I want to ensure a 100% satisfactory buying experience. It is quite a process.

1. YuanQing informed me the PayPal was functional,
2. I sent Lawrence a PM notifying him to expect an e-mail.
3. YuanQing then sent me a screenshot of the PayPal bill.
4. I check the PayPal bill for accuracy.
5. E-mail with PayPal bill gets sent to client.
6. Customer informs me that payment is made.
7. YuanQing checks that payment is received.

@PT-2 Hello Rich. I just wanted to see first how the PayPal payment works. That has worked beautifully - all good. The second thing that I want to check is the courier companies' pick-up of the first kit today. Please bear with me. I want to ensure a 100% satisfactory buying experience. It is quite a process.

1. YuanQing informed me the PayPal was functional,
2. I sent Lawrence a PM notifying him to expect an e-mail.
3. YuanQing then sent me a screenshot of the PayPal bill.
4. I check the PayPal bill for accuracy.
5. E-mail with PayPal bill gets sent to client.
6. Customer informs me that payment is made.
7. YuanQing checks that payment is received.
You have a very methodical checks and balances approach which I appreciate. Like the game of baseball: one pitch at a time and possibly runners advancing. Not like the fluid ever changing football (soccer). American football is mechanical also in that there is only one play at a time, check the results, and then one more. . . more akin to the old gladiatorial area. Rich (PT-2)

Thank you Rich. I have a learnt a lot from my watching the whole “order and payment" system of the other popular kits from China. Reading about the payment platform problems they experienced, I have vowed never to put my friends through that ordeal. Everything I do and how I do it, is completely transparent and open - you deserve that! And, by the way, there is NO reason why this can't be done - it just takes time and of course, a good credit score with the bank! ;)

Thank you Rich. I have a learnt a lot from my watching the whole “order and payment" system of the other popular kits from China. Reading about the payment platform problems they experienced, I have vowed never to put my friends through that ordeal. Everything I do and how I do it, is completely transparent and open - you deserve that! And, by the way, there is NO reason why this can't be done - it just takes time and of course, a good credit score with the bank! ;)
Hello Heinrich, I personally wish to thank you again for all of your extra effort that you put into this Bluenose transaction to make things go so smoothly and with no trouble at all.
Regards Lawrence

@Canoe21 Dear Lawrence ,I thank you for your kind words and wonderful support since I have been busy with her. You have been a stalwart - I can think of no more deserving home for #001 than yours!

I have a suggestion for improving the BN kit.
I have needed to file both notches in all the ribs as the inner and outer keel did nor fit.
The rib slots are 4mm wide, while the inner keel is 4.2 mm thick and the outer keel sandwich is 1.1 + 2.1 + 1.1 = 4.3 to 4.4 mm.
Probably not a CAD problem but a manufacturing issue, the wood thickness needs to be with a 0 to negative tolerance.

I would love to build this kit. My family on my dads' side are from Cape Breton and his ancestors worked on the building of Fort Louisburg as stonemasons.
I am 80 now and haven't yet decided to build her or not. In the meantime, I will follow along here. I built a Bluenose back in my twenties. I don't remember the kit as it has been so long ago. Cheers! John.

You are most welcome to follow along John. By the way - from where did you obtain the plans for the St. Lawrence?

Back