Greeting from Lakewood, WA, USA

Greetings all!
Retired career Cavalryman, Long time historical miniatures gamer! Years back I crafted aircraft master works for Raiden Miniatures in the UK, 1/285. I also made several American Civil War naval units for Bay Area Yards in 1/600.
I have always been an Age of Sale fan. I wore out my first copy of the board game WOODEN SHIPS AND IRON MEN decades back. More recently, a few years back, I acquired many 1/1200 AoS warships. I also crafted several of my own from plastic. Forget all about those SoLs, give me 5th and 6th Rates and all those unrated lovelies!

Shown is a Ship Sloop, 1/1200, could be used for other roles. I will make some deck fittings, do some of the rigging using brass wire and add some sails. I also crafted the Baltimore Clipper and the Lugger….not quite far along on the paint.

Looking fwd to seeing all the lovely work here. I am especially interested in the paint work on ships during the Napoleonic Wars. I do have quite a few of the reference works.

Cheers!

DE469BA8-EC72-41C8-A5ED-34D3FFA262A0.jpeg

BE268762-66C1-4A5F-BD9A-FD3D6D4222A1.jpeg

99D3A7D8-01A5-4EAA-8A6F-CE68975597FF.jpeg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Your miniatures are looking very interesting ..... a new modeling world for me

Greetings all!
Retired career Cavalryman, Long time historical miniatures gamer! Years back I crafted aircraft master works for Raiden Miniatures in the UK, 1/285. I also made several American Civil War naval units for Bay Area Yards in 1/600.
I have always been an Age of Sale fan. I wore out my first copy of the board game WOODEN SHIPS AND IRON MEN decades back. More recently, a few years back, I acquired many 1/1200 AoS warships. I also crafted several of my own from plastic. Forget all about those SoLs, give me 5th and 6th Rates and all those unrated lovelies!

Shown is a Ship Sloop, 1/1200, could be used for other roles. I will make some deck fittings, do some of the rigging using brass wire and add some sails. I also crafted the Baltimore Clipper and the Lugger….not quite far along on the paint.

Looking fwd to seeing all the lovely work here. I am especially interested in the paint work on ships during the Napoleonic Wars. I do have quite a few of the reference works.

Cheers!
Hallo @Kettbo
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back