Greetings from Brisbane Australia

Having just sworn off modeling after almost completing an airplane after two years, picture below, I found myself interested in a model ship that will likely take me five years. My wife tells me I just miss the smell of super glue in the morning. She doesn't.

Stumbling across this community was wonderful and I hope in time you can help with terms like bow, starboard, planking and dead eyes. As a signed up landlubber, my familiarity with sailing ships extends only as far as pirates and parrots.

1693791263635.png

Having just sworn off modeling after almost completing an airplane after two years, picture below, I found myself interested in a model ship that will likely take me five years. My wife tells me I just miss the smell of super glue in the morning. She doesn't.

Stumbling across this community was wonderful and I hope in time you can help with terms like bow, starboard, planking and dead eyes. As a signed up landlubber, my familiarity with sailing ships extends only as far as pirates and parrots.

View attachment 392767
Welcome aboard. This is a great site with some very talented members, so hope you enjoy and get to learn about and enjoy getting into model ships.

Welcome. It appears that you spent your tender years reading too much Biggles and not enough Hornblower! This splendid site will soon update your vocabulary.

Many thanks to all for your warm welcome. I have just ordered the Modellers Shipyard Colonial Brig Perseverance 1807 following positive reviews. Also I simply like the look of her (Hah! I am already getting nautical). I will post photos of how she gets on to hopefully impress the Biggles crowd, if not the Hornblowers.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

View attachment 392767
Hallo @Freetown
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

G’day…..also from Brisbane..actually from Sydney…go the Blues…but living amongst the Cane Toads!!

Back