Greetings from Maine

I am an Army vet retiree. I tried to keep up with my model ship building hobby while on active duty but the constant and frequent moves played havoc. When I retired my biggest pleasure was setting up a modeling workbench that I did not have to move! I live in Virginia now having retired out of the Pentagon but I went to high school in Bath, Maine and lived in Wiscasset once upon a time. We travel back to Maine every summer and it always feels like coming home. Enjoy the hobby and keep in touch on the forum! Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. We are in your neighborhood in Belfast. Bluejacket shipcrafters is midway between our homes if you are in Winterport, ME. I visit there often. Their finished models are superb - on display, and it’s like a museum. If you are interested, we could get together for a beer or just chat. Let me know and I’ll send my contact info.

BlueJacket was just sold to Ships of Sale. They are now carrying other brands of models, but still selling their Bl;ueJacket models and designing new ones..

From Nov 2023 BlueJacket Newsletter:
"It's done ! BlueJacket is now a sister company with Ages of Sail. Look for more products to be offered in the near future. However, I (i.e.Nic)will still be around, answering the help line, doing repairs, working part-time, and teaching the annual rigging class.

From Jan 2024 BlueJackiet Newsletter:
"EXCITING NEWS - We are now offering model kits from Amati, Caldercraft and Vanguard. See our website www.bluejacketinc.com for details. Some really nice subjects, and some non-ship models as well."

Hope that answers the question about Model Shipways, who are in Florida.

Blessings,
Kayak Girl

Nice to see another Mainer in the group, I am in southern Maine but still get up to Bluejacket occasionally. Welcome aboard!

james

Back