GREETINGS FROM NANTONG CHINA

Heinrich

Staff member
Bluenose Moderator

Dear All

Thank you for giving me the opportunity of joining this amazingly talented group of people. Even though I am not entirely a newbie when it comes to model boats (no ships yet), I am completely new to this level of model and model building. As a Nantong resident (which is situated next to the Yangtze river), I am very interested in Chinese maritime history and more particularly, in the Junks and sampans of the Yangtze. As a first model I have selected a high-net fishing sampan from Unicorn Models in Pear wood which ties in nicely with my interest.

3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo Heinrich,
sending a warm welcome from Vienna - Happy to have you on board of our forum.
Would be very interesting to see (and learn about) such models.
BTW: are you german, or is your nickname related to something else?

Dear All

Thank you so much for all the kind words and wishes. I already feel at home. Looking at the build logs on the forum, I can only say that I take my hat off to all of you! You are an inspiration to me.

Hello Heinrich,

Maybe you know this already but just in case you don't . . .
The painting in your avatar. Very close to 100% of all Danish people more than 10 years old will recognize this painting at a glance. They will know the name of the painting and no doubt it will be hanging at the walls of some members of their family. The funny thing is that the Danish name of this painting is 'Fiskeren' (the fisherman) and very few Danish people knows that the person on the painting is actually a Dutch lifeboat captain, Theodorus "Dorus" Rijkers. Try to tell somebody from Denmark that the person on the painting is not fisherman from the northern part of Jutland and I can assure you they will not believe you.

Last edited:
Back