Greetings from Newcastle, Australia. First time modeller

Don’t get discouraged with missing parts , scratch build them if necessary , plenty of hobby shops Mitre 10/ Bunnings , around to get what you need , also if plans are not easy to read do your research on the net , the Replica Endeavour Aus Mar Musreumenides

1B90C526-EA20-49AD-8AA2-B41552ADF5E2.jpeg

B02D3D22-6766-4492-9FBD-35D0BE9184D5.jpeg

50750696-8474-4C99-BFD1-242E72A46170.jpeg

6CF091D6-E4EC-4B3E-A083-C3BB85204355.jpeg

F31203D1-E4D4-4935-BA80-E140E29F763D.jpeg

0214E5C4-430A-4DC8-BB2D-814E359F8C98.jpeg

Welcome to a great hobby and a great forum. Plenty of likeminded modelers here and very active and willing to help.

The Endeavour has a bluff or rounded bow, which means you need to learn the ways of wood bending and shaping.

Modelers Central, who are based in NSW have some good DVD and printed material from an Aussie builder Leon Griffiths.

My two cents worth is read much, watch You Tube videos, measure three times, dry fit, dry fit and measure again before cutting or glueing anything.

Please start a build log for your model and we will all watch and contribute with interest.

My Grandfather used to scratch-build tall ships and it always blew my mind. Now in my mid-forties, I have the desire to follow in his footsteps, though I no doubt lack a lot of skill and experience.
I've just received my first model kit - Amati Endeavour 1:80 (though it seems some pieces are missing - mast and boom - and the instructions are in German, so I'm not off to the best start). I can't wait to get started and I look forward to learning bucketloads from everyone here.
Welcome aboard. Good to see another Novacastrian join the fray. :)

I understand a lot of foreigners try vegemite the wrong way when they try it. If you ever get the chance, DO NOT just go ahead and eat a spoonful of it.
Toast, butter/margarine, and a thin spreading of vegemite is perfection. I could tell you what vegemite is, but it doesn't add to its appeal at all :oops:
For those that need images to assist here is what a proper vegemite toast looks like.

F6A3AFE6-9F79-4834-BD1A-405FC7EC638F.jpeg

@Robertd @Chestcutter Captain Cook's Endeavour is absolutely on my to-do list, along with a couple from the first fleet to Australia - the Lady Penrhyn and the Charlotte (my criminal framed descendants came out on those ships), but those are probably a bit too advanced for me for some time.
You will get there Candy, the history of those ships is a huge inspiration , Cheers Rob

@Robertd @Chestcutter Captain Cook's Endeavour is absolutely on my to-do list, along with a couple from the first fleet to Australia - the Lady Penrhyn and the Charlotte (my criminal framed descendants came out on those ships), but those are probably a bit too advanced for me for some time.
I have 2 kits of Capt. Cooks Endeavour. One from Artisania Latina and the other from Occre. I want to build them side by side to see what the differences are. Of course, that will have to wait (like everything else almost) until after we move....

I’m doing an Occre build now. Their rigging instructions are vague, say the least, and incomplete. Good luck. Hopefully the Latina instructions will help.

Back