Greetings from North Carolina

Hi all,

New to wood ship modelling, hoping to start a rewarding new hobby chapter! I have been Card Modelling for a number of years, though no ships there. Quite a few tools/skills transfer, but many new ones will be needed. (we have a joke in the card modelling community that wood, after all, is just "paper ore"). I did do a few plastic ship models back when I wore a much younger man's clothes (boys department actually). I have always wanted to plunge into wood, but figured I didn't have the time. Well, kids are grown and off the payroll and retirement years encroach, so it's time.

I'm currently building Model Shipway's Constitution Cross Section. I'm not very far along, and so am considering starting a build thread anyway. I see a couple of Mamoli version build threads for this subject here, but no MS, so it would trod some new ground.

My first kit was the MS 18th Century Armed Longboat. I hope it's OK to post a picture in an introduction:

MS1460_061.JPG

My first kit was the MS 18th Century Armed Longboat. I hope it's OK to post a picture in an introduction:

View attachment 363403

Absolutely, and welcome to the group. You’ll find lots of knowledgeable and friendly folks hang out here and you’re only a post away should you have a question.

Oh yes, we do like pictures :)

You can post photos and there is a gallery of completed models where admin posts such photos as you have shown.

Please start a build log of the Connie cross section, I have this kit in storage along with the full Connie both from MS, waiting time.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back