Greetings from northern Ohio

Boring is what boring is...I have seized four bunt lines and two leech lines with this conversation. And broke a major stay line in the process.

Snow? What snow?

c120088c0c65f9be190eafc69d8820b7c60b7ae627423439216cf6f86d17d6c3_1.jpg

I am fully authorized to make this joke. My parents come from Lorain and Cleveland, Ohio. :D Welcome to the forum, former neighbor!
Thanks! Regrettably no leaving any time soon but retirement may find the missus and I in a nice small piece of heaven deep in Kentucky horse country.

Welcome aboard!
The three starting models are a great way to learn and get use to wooden ship modeling.
I build models for Model Shipways (Model Expo).
Thank you! Yeah, wish I had found the 3-pack sooner but I still found it and find it a much more satisfying and educational way to enter the hobby. I’m eye-balling adding the 18th Century Longboat to the shelf as a future build but not sure how I feel about it as a “beginner” kit from what I see in the build logs here.

Thank you! Yeah, wish I had found the 3-pack sooner but I still found it and find it a much more satisfying and educational way to enter the hobby. I’m eye-balling adding the 18th Century Longboat to the shelf as a future build but not sure how I feel about it as a “beginner” kit from what I see in the build logs here.
Definitely The Long Gun Boat will be your next in line.
Very elegant model.
This is the one we have in our showroom.
6261FA22-2C7F-4D6B-BF4A-9D7F79FFC1EC.jpeg

Definitely The Long Gun Boat will be your next in line.
Very elegant model.
This is the one we have in our showroom.
View attachment 359413
If only my skills were that good! Someday. Currently I have perfectionist desires with “all thumbs” actual skills. For the price-point I can only afford the non-armed version which is on sale right now for $50 in a full kit (model, paints, tools…because you can never have too many tools). Need to decide if I can afford to spend $$$ now for something I will be months (or a year) away from working on. But it’s a really beautiful kit.

Back