Greetings from Scotland!

My account shows I joined in October, but reality is that I actually joined last night! Not sure whether the problem was my original email, or the site’s algorithms, but reverting to an old email address and changing my username were the only options available - but here I am! Anyway, I’m pleased to be part of the group.

By way of an introduction, I’m a Londoner living in Scotland - and grateful for the privilege too! As a former head of illustration at the Arts University Bournemouth, I’ve contributed to numerous ship restorations, including the Vasa and the Pommern. I’ve also had the rare privilege of sailing on the USCGC Eagle; a truly memorable experience.

I’ve been interested in modelling from about the age of ten, since when I’ve built up a collection of well over 200 books on ship modelling, plus a large collection of ships draughts and model makers plans. I’m ‘great’ at planning modelling projects, but not so good at seeing them through! However, I’m now trying to be more focused, but am undecided on what to commit myself to! Options include a nineteenth-early twentieth century RN training brig, the brigantine Leon, a late eighteenth century frigate, or a humble European trading barquentine, or...

Looking forward to drawing on the expertise of others!

Welcome aboard! The secret to getting started is to...quit ruminating and get started. Anything, no matter how humble or small will get you going. Good luck!

Thank you all for the welcome!

I should maybe edit my signature to include a list of models that I have completed over the years, between long, extended periods of procrastination!

Hallo Michael,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
What ever you will build next - we are interested to see and follow your work.
I am very happy to read, that you are also addicted to books and plans!
Take a look also at our book and plans-area - maybe you will find something, which you do not have :cool:

Welcome :) where abouts in Scotland do you live ? I'm in North Lanarkshire.

sideboys to the quarter deck, Torrens arriving. Welcome aboard.

my friends in the modelers club that I am a member off have a saying that “you cannot leave this earth unless you finish all the models you have started”.

sideboys to the quarter deck, Torrens arriving. Welcome aboard.

my friends in the modelers club that I am a member off have a saying that “you cannot leave this earth unless you finish all the models you have started”.
I agree, but if this is true the members in this club are all due to be recorded in history as the oldest living model builders.

My account shows I joined in October, but reality is that I actually joined last night! Not sure whether the problem was my original email, or the site’s algorithms, but reverting to an old email address and changing my username were the only options available - but here I am! Anyway, I’m pleased to be part of the group.

By way of an introduction, I’m a Londoner living in Scotland - and grateful for the privilege too! As a former head of illustration at the Arts University Bournemouth, I’ve contributed to numerous ship restorations, including the Vasa and the Pommern. I’ve also had the rare privilege of sailing on the USCGC Eagle; a truly memorable experience.

I’ve been interested in modelling from about the age of ten, since when I’ve built up a collection of well over 200 books on ship modelling, plus a large collection of ships draughts and model makers plans. I’m ‘great’ at planning modelling projects, but not so good at seeing them through! However, I’m now trying to be more focused, but am undecided on what to commit myself to! Options include a nineteenth-early twentieth century RN training brig, the brigantine Leon, a late eighteenth century frigate, or a humble European trading barquentine, or...

Hallo @Torrens ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Torrens
we wish you all the BESt and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back