Greetings from The Netherlands!

Hi Everybody,

I joined SOS yesterday and I'm looking forward to contributing to the community. There is an amazing amount of information on this forum, and I can't wait to dive in. Before I do so, let me introduce myself. My name is Martijn Onderwater (pronounced like 'Martyn') and I live in a small town close the city of Leiden. The pilgrim fathers left on the Mayflower from that city on their way to The United States. I have been building wooden shipmodels for a little over 25 years and I'm still passionate about the hobby. So far, I have build Neeltje Jacoba (Constructo), Mayflower (Constructo), Dutch Whaler (Sergal), Amerigo Vespucci (Panart), Pilar (Constructo), and the Mississippi (OcCre). And I'm about to start a scratch build of the Neeltje Jacoba, which I intend to put on Youtube. Also, I bought a half-finished model of the Royal Louise (Mamoli, I think) and a somewhat ravished model that looks like a Spanish Galeon. Plenty of things to do! My dayjob is in the world of data and algorithms, where I attempt to figure out ways to extract knowledge from data in a way that is beneficial for the people around me.

Again, I look forward to learning things from the people here, and sharing the knowledge.

Martijn

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Hallo Martijn,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
Interesting and longer list of kit models, which you have build already.
Your planned scratch build sound interesting - I was searching shortly in the web: is it the rescue boat you want to construct?

1280px-Neeltje_Jacoba.jpg

Would be an interesting project - So I am looking forward to your work in her

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Ok -many thanks for correcting - even better

Maybe you are interested in the scratch building log of the Friech Boeir Yacht "SPERWER" by our member @Kortes

A beautiful built and maybe you can find some hints for your planning of your project