Greets From Canada

My name is Tony Atkinson. We live in a small town, Paris, Ontario Canada. I’m recently retired and I have looking for a new hobby. A current member spoke to me about building model ships from kits. My job was stressful and involved continuously dealing with problems. I’m looking forward to the peace and quiet focus I can enjoy with ship model building.

Welcome aboard SOS, Tony. I have to disagree with Don. Model shipbuilding is not stressful and dealing with problems. Yeah, sometimes you have to deal with challenges, but for the most part, it is an enjoyable process.

I was a university professor constantly dealing with the angst of undergraduate students. I am looking forward to creating my own problems and dealing with them when I feel like it. Model wood ship building sounds like the thing for me

Form a Canadian fellow, Welcome aboard:) I loved Don's tongue and cheek comment, because sometimes some of that does happen:))))))))))))))))

Welcome.. I’m a retired Millwright and in later life a Reliability Engineer, and in both roles I used to say "work wouldn't be any fun if it weren’t for the problems....trouble was oft times we had too many problems and too much fun".

You may find the same with modelling but the without the pressure of time limits.
However your Admiral may disagree.

My name is Tony Atkinson. We live in a small town, Paris, Ontario Canada. I’m recently retired and I have looking for a new hobby. A current member spoke to me about building model ships from kits. My job was stressful and involved continuously dealing with problems. I’m looking forward to the peace and quiet focus I can enjoy with ship model building.
Welcome aboard, Tony! And welcome to the retired life - where every day feels like a Saturday...except Saturdays - there's too many people around!

Always nice to see another Canadian in the forums.

Sharp tools and clear skies,
Gabe

Back