GWR Helston Signal Box

To distract a little from my building activity on Le Coureur, a small contribution from my gauge 0, English railroad, the Great Western Railway.
Helston signal box stood in the village of the same name on a GWR branchline on the Lizard Peninsula in southwest Cornwall.
The kit is lasercut from wood in scale 1:43.5, interior and figure were added from the rich accessories trade.

Helston_20211215_1.jpg

Helston_20211215_2.jpg

Helston_20211215_3.jpg

Helston_20211215_4.jpg

Helston_20211215_5.jpg

Helston_20211215_6.jpg

Helston_20211215_7.jpg

Helston_20211216_1.jpg

Helston_20211216_2.jpg

Helston_20211216_3.jpg

Really a nice work - good to have another hobby to get sometimes something different on the table.
Seems, that there is no rail traffic in moment in Helston?!?
All signals are in the same position....

Impressible workmanship and something great in-between main projects! Great job, Adi! Something magical in those mini railroads, especially this time, when Christmas is coming!! :)

Ah ha! Suddenly your excellent detail work on your ship makes perfect sense! When I was just a lad my dad had an HO gauge set-up in our basement. He did all the mechanicals and I was the model maker... Its a wonderfully creative hobby.
I built Varney passenger coaches for my dad's HO layout. You can really become involved in model railroading. But I went into RC airplanes......

It looks really beautiful and accurate, impressive work.
I admit that I also have a great fondness for the field of trains and historic locomotives
merry Christmas

Nice work! - would love to get in to model trains, but as a SABLE haven't enough time left!

(SABLE: Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectation)

Ted

Nice work! - would love to get in to model trains, but as a SABLE haven't enough time left!

(SABLE: Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectation)

Ted

Hallo Ted, isn't this a problem we all face? I wouldn't let spoil my fun as long as your health cooperates. Some descendant will take care of it no matter what. Hope is the last thing to die.

I am working on a G scale OcCre boxcar, old WWI/WWII era.

Building it for one of the veterans groups I belong too.

It represents on of 48 German boxcars sent to the US after the end of WWII, what was called the Liberty Train.

Each state in the US at the time, got one car sent to them, full of personel items from the people of Germany, a way to say thanks for help ending and rebuilding after the end of that terrible war.

I will be posting a build log on it soon.

Back