H.M.B. ENDEAVOUR - 1/54 - OCCRE [COMPLETED BUILD]

I'm building the Occre Endeavour at this time and have not got to the masts or rigging yet but am looking forward to that. Your work is very good and your detailed photos should help me as I progress. This is my second ship (the first being the Golden Hind) so it's a challenge! I look forward to seeing your finished ship with sails as I cannot make up my mind whether to finish mine with standing rigging.

Cheers
Jim
Hallo @KwilohJim
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you finalize in the meantime the Endeavour?

Hi El Capi,
The original plans from Occre or similar plans, but in more detail? I am working on the Endeavour rigging and the rigging plans from Occre are not up to scratch.
Trevor
Ich habe the ganze Takkelase - standing and running - in uk and spanich languaje, aber nicht in Deutch.. Von Bowsprit zum Mesan o mitzen mast When info brauchen, kan du here iene fragev stelllen, aber ist-when ist specefic frage besser met E.Matl : peandersen1098@gmail.com.
Ich bin Dane, aber hast jetz 48 Jahre in Sud Spnien mein residence. Kome von ein totale fast Seemans familie an der Westkyste Jutland. bin jetz 80 und baue nicht mer, aber habe viele projecte witb die Takkelage. Ein andee wie man die Segeln correct machen. habe rund 50 GB informacion. Gutes Wochen Ende.
p.s. wohne 500 meter von den Mittelmer und in diese moment mit ein bisshen Wolken aber 16º c

Hi El Capi,
I myself originate from southern England, having moved to Germany many years ago. My wife and I reside part of the year in Sweden, near Kalmar.
The rigging instructions don't need to be in German, English will suffice. Of course, if they are from Occre, then I have them. Any other instructions to compliment them would be very welcome.
It's winter here, with temps around zero °C and sunny. No snow.
Cheers, Trevor

Hi El Capi,
I myself originate from southern England, having moved to Germany many years ago. My wife and I reside part of the year in Sweden, near Kalmar.
The rigging instructions don't need to be in German, English will suffice. Of course, if they are from Occre, then I have them. Any other instructions to compliment them would be very welcome.
Cheers, Trevor

Hi El Capi,
Cheers, Trevor
Hi Trevor, here over the weekend, I will send you some samples of what I have,as I have to change to an external hard drive.

just one question: have You started the riggen already, if yes to which stay are you?
I built this ship 40 years ago, so much info from this ship is gone. Anyhow I have downloaded the endevour -Occre - in a pdf format. It is rather big as the text comes in 9 languages. I do not find the riggen that bad, What I did was print out the pages I was interested in and make some copies, after scanning it into the hard drive. Now I could cut out the part I was interested in to be enlarged.
It is extremely important to start correct

Hi Trevor, here over the weekend, I will send you some samples of what I have,as I have to change to an external hard drive.

just one question: have You started the riggen already, if yes to which stay are you?
I built this ship 40 years ago, so much info from this ship is gone. Anyhow I have downloaded the endevour -Occre - in a pdf format. It is rather big as the text comes in 9 languages. I do not find the riggen that bad, What I did was print out the pages I was interested in and make some copies, after scanning it into the hard drive. Now I could cut out the part I was interested in to be enlarged.
It is extremely important to start correct
Hi El Capi,

Thank you.
I started with the shrouds after which I will progress to the bowsprit. Waht was your order of rigging? To date I have assembled twp pairs of shrouds on the port and starboard sides of all three masts.
Cheers, Trevor

Hi El Capi,

Thank you.
I started with the shrouds after which I will progress to the bowsprit. Waht was your order of rigging? To date I have assembled twp pairs of shrouds on the port and starboard sides of all three masts.
Cheers, Trevor
Hi Trevor, good morning.
The correct frequency is to add THE SHROUDS-only the Lower part of the Mast on the FORE AND MAIN MAST,
When this is done then, insert the next part of the mast-Topmast- and so on. fix the shrouds to the dead eyes, so the mast parts are on an angle of 90º, when all shrouds are added to the masts, then you go to the Stays.
I have just downloaded the Riggen instructions for Endeavour and found it quiet. correct. Follow the Fig with its colour and order. if this is what you have, I do not know, but the standing riggen looks correct to me. I will have to print out some pages as it is a PDF format. now printed out I can make Notes etc and finally scan them, so I can send them to you.

H-01-STANDING RIGGEN (2).jpg

b0a930d284ba88a0314ae44172912c96.jpg

26628402.jpg

26628399.jpg

1611583791492.png

Hi Trevor, good morning.
The correct frequency is to add THE SHROUDS-only the Lower part of the Mast on the FORE AND MAIN MAST,
When this is done then, insert the next part of the mast-Topmast- and so on. fix the shrouds to the dead eyes, so the mast parts are on an angle of 90º, when all shrouds are added to the masts, then you go to the Stays.
I have just downloaded the Riggen instructions for Endeavour and found it quiet. correct. Follow the Fig with its colour and order. if this is what you have, I do not know, but the standing riggen looks correct to me. I will have to print out some pages as it is a PDF format. now printed out I can make Notes etc and finally scan them, so I can send them to you.

View attachment 421105

View attachment 421106

View attachment 421107

View attachment 421108

As mentioned I have now the Standing Riggen Downloaded. 1Th. do all the 3 lower masts- hope that you have inserted and glued the topmasts, as this will give more work. Now it is up to you if you want to make one mast at a time. or do all 3 in a row.
mentioned will have to be made about the 1n Th throud, as this is the only one seized from top to bottom, as it can come in contact with the main lower sail. In most ships at that had even shrouds- 3, 5, 7 mainly, and up to 9. The 1st throud is the fact two halt shrouds were added together around the masthead. From then on the rest are in pare os two and added to the same side. 2 starboards then two backboards again and so on. The knots and seize will go backwards each time a new pare is inserted
Now it is recommended to add to the shrouds the upper deadeyes and set fast. Be sure that all shrouds are parallel .see Fig.4 - to be sure that the lower mast is at 90º (to each side)

Manuscrito_2024-01-14_160838.jpg

1561--JARCIA FIRME (23).jpg

03.jpg

6.jpg

Hi El Capi,
Many thanks for the images and your suggestions, which I will put to good use when I recommence with the rigging. I intended to complete the lower masts and then work upwards. I will change the sequence of rigging i a w your information above.
Have a good week and take care.
Trevor

Back