H.M.S Bellona - CAF models.

It is looking really like a great kit made out of high quality material.
And the price is in the range of these high quality kits - and we are talking here about a 74-gun ship in scale 1:48 - so a huge model
F.e. you pay for a Victory from Jotika also arround 1.200 Euro, and this model is in 1:72, the Agamemnon is in scale 1.64, but costs also around 1.000 Euro.
Jotika are very good kits - but the CAF quality is one or two levels better

Very interesting kit, even though chinese.
Once upon a time they were cheap but with poor quality, now they are still cheap but the quality is greatly increased.
I think China will have a similar history than Japan . . they started by copying westside product and after some years they were leader. The only difference is that China is probably ten time Japan and this may be critical.
Anyway the kit seems good and also still cheap . . think to the Model Space product line or the products from Hachette and so on: at the end you often pay more.
I'm collecting the partwork of La Belle (Hachette) and it costs € 8.00 per issue. 140 issues then means € 1120.

The video is fantastic eye candy , needs to be viewed over and over again. We do not know the final price, still awaiting part 5 and no mention of any masts rigging or sail in the offering ???

The video is fantastic eye candy , needs to be viewed over and over again. We do not know the final price, still awaiting part 5 and no mention of any masts rigging or sail in the offering ???
Hi,pm Max at @ZHLmodel ,he is member here on Sos

It's a very nice kit, and the price is quite reasonable for the quality of materials and this scale. :)

However, I have some questions about the pictures on the website.
In my opinion, one of the charms of vintage models is the painted parts on the top of the wall and the stern table, the pediment on the bow, etc ... It is very difficult to reproduce these frescoes on our current models in kit. And yet apparently, nothing is planned contrary to what we show, even in the last part # 5
Then, the pedestal is superb and corresponds to the 18th century design: we show a model of arsenal, without rigging, which is based on a shipyard. The whole thing is framed like a drawer with handles to carry it.

What about ZHL about this? Max? Question-Mark

Last edited:
QUOTE-
In my opinion, one of the charms of vintage models is the painted parts on the top of the wall and the stern table, the pediment on the bow, etc ... It is very difficult to reproduce these frescoes on our current models in kit.

With regards to your question about the frescoes, there would be decals provided in the kit for that, the ones you soak in water.

I'm missing the meaning of "CAF", more precisely the relation with "model". There are several meanings to CAF but I cannot put it in relation to model. Thanks in advance. Jack.

CAF is the name of the company who manufacturers the kit in China

CAF is the name of the company who manufacturers the kit in China
Well, many thanks for your aswer, but the company is a kind of phantom: on a kit box there is written the internet address "cafmodel.com" but it doesn't exist, I've found obviously "zhlmodel.com" and the same also in "aliexpress.com". In addition they sell a lot of models apparently of other western manufacturers. It's a strange matter or what ?

Well, many thanks for your aswer, but the company is a kind of phantom: on a kit box there is written the internet address "cafmodel.com" but it doesn't exist, I've found obviously "zhlmodel.com" and the same also in "aliexpress.com". In addition they sell a lot of models apparently of other western manufacturers. It's a strange matter or what ?

I never seen a CAF model website,they sell on ebay and aliexpress,tao bao and ZHL sell them on their website too,but you might want to PM @ZHLmodel Max and he can clarify and answer your questions.

Back