H.M.S. Sharke

just some pics of my near complete hms sharke scratch built from plans by mantua. cannons and figurehead ordered from cornwall model ships. 2 more sails to do and some rigging, and a ge20211024_154124[1037].jpg20211024_154243[1033].jpg20211024_154441[1030].jpg20211024_154431[1031].jpgneral cleanup and she will be finished. please let me know what you think of her so far. when done i will put in the completed builds section.

please let me know what you think of her so far.
Hallo my friend,
she is looking great - I like the small details very much - in which scale is the model build?
Especially because you asked, I have a small comment, and I think it could be adjusted with some small additional work.
I think your alignement of your deadeyes is not correct everywhere ( the lower row is correct) - one of the three holes should be on top
28f4a587542388d859c1a36fcc2a45db.jpg triple-deadeyes-and-lanyards-on-hm-bark-endeavour-tony-crehan.jpg

I made some red dotts where the holes should be - also the rigging of the lanyards could be followed by the first pic

20211024_154431[1031].jpg

Great job on the sails. Could you please give us an idea of the steps you take to produce them?

I make them the same way as on the master korabel you tube video. i dye and cut the sail cloth to about 1/3 more than the actual size and depending on the scale use an 1/8" overlay and diluted white glue. when dry i cut to size and add the additional sail parts and give a light spray of poly. As this is a 1/48 scale i hand sew the bolt ropes and install grommets where the halyard , downhaul and sheets will be attached. i have tried other sail making methods, and this one gives the most consistent results.

Finished the rest of the sails and the general clean-up - touch -up is complete. i will post some pics of her in the completed build section as soon as i get a decent base and the small plaque i ordered arrives.. Don, very scenic up at Campbell River. A friend of mine was up there this summer whale watching. I was up there a year ago in september, but the smoke was so bad that i couldnt even see quadra isle from the hotel balcony.

Back