Hahn-Method

I can strongly recommend the Robert Hunt practicum , Hannah , Lauck st shipyard amongst other learning information he supplies

Ok... time for some humor!!!

As I was out mowing the 3 acres of weeds on our farm that the Admiral calls a "yard", I began thinking about all the CAD, CNC, laser cutting, prototyping, model design and building we have been discussing. Riding my John Deere I became lost in deep thought. Suddenly, I snapped out of it and realized I was attempting to mow the lawn in a pattern using the Hahn Method!! I looked behind me and sure enough, I saw the beautiful sweeping shape of a built up frame!!!

Perhaps I need some rest. After all, I am just a pirate.

Sail on!!

10 minutes ago I saw 4 copies of Harold Hahn "ships of the american revolution and their models" advertised by amazon and zvab.com (44,-€). The method is described there.
BTW: We have a Book Review of this book already in our forum -> so please take a look

Ships of the AMERICAN REVOLUTION and their models
by Harold M. Hahn

BTW: We have a Book Review of this book already in our forum -> so please take a look

Ships of the AMERICAN REVOLUTION and their models
by Harold M. Hahn
Thanks... just ordered the book ;-)

Ok... time for some humor!!!

As I was out mowing the 3 acres of weeds on our farm that the Admiral calls a "yard", I began thinking about all the CAD, CNC, laser cutting, prototyping, model design and building we have been discussing. Riding my John Deere I became lost in deep thought. Suddenly, I snapped out of it and realized I was attempting to mow the lawn in a pattern using the Hahn Method!! I looked behind me and sure enough, I saw the beautiful sweeping shape of a built up frame!!!

Perhaps I need some rest. After all, I am just a pirate.

Sail on!!
If you didn't smoke anything during your harvest, I'd say your weed must have some really potent buds :p

Apropos: My garden is Japanese inspired and instead of grass the ground is covered with a moss plant, Sagina subulata. Late summer the whole carpet is blooming with small white flowers much coveted by bumble bees. The flowers contains some kind of drug so all the bumble bees becomes drunk as a fiddler and literally bumbles around all over the place.
Do you know the origin of the idiom 'drunk as a fiddler'? On ships in old times there was a fiddler whose duty was to keep life in the men at the capstan bars. The ship's fiddler was paid in liquor.

Last edited:
I'm descended from the Vikings for sure. But we have different Gods nowadays. I'm a Pirate too. I believe that all humans, also Vikings, evolved from Pirates. Consider that so-called “science experts” would have us believe humans evolved from primates, pointing towards the shared 99% shared DNA between humans and primates. Yeah, but humans and Pirates share upwards of 99.9% of DNA.

PS: The story about the bumblebees is not a joke. Neither is the origin of 'drunk as a fiddler'.

Back