Hallo from South Africa.

Hi every one. I'm busy with my first model ship ever and enjoy it very much. Lets me brake away from the everyday rush. Doing model ships is not big and supportive over here. I'm doing the Sovereign of the Seas. Enjoying watching the beautiful ships you guys are building.

Welcome to SOS Marco Polo. I am also from South Africa, even though I currently live and work in China. Sovereign of the Seas i8s a heck of a build as a first model - how about starting a build log, then we can all share along. :) Where are you from in SA?

Welcome to SOS Marco Polo. I am also from South Africa, even though I currently live and work in China. Sovereign of the Seas i8s a heck of a build as a first model - how about starting a build log, then we can all share along. :) Where are you from in SA?
Hi Heinrich. Yesit is a heck of a build. On my 8th year building it (eish) Dont get a lot of time. I'm from KZN Vryheid

Thanks for everyone's warm welcome. Will take some photos of my sovereign and put it on my build log. Then probably fix it as mistakes are shown out.

Welcome aboard the SOS Forum, love to see some photos of your build, I used to work on the Union Castle Boats and really enjoyed my time when docked in SA,

best regards john.

Welcome Marco! I am also working on HMS Sovereign of the Seas. Check out my build log. If you have any questions, let me know.

View attachment 281999

View attachment 281998
Yes, I will do so, thanks. I really enjoy building the ship. I just love constructing models ( You hardly get any here anymore). Would love to construct more models but I don't think I will get hold of some more. Maybe start from scratch on my own if possible. Will stay in contact. My build lock will follow soon. Love you guys. Wish I got hold of this site lot sooner.

Welcome from Aus as well. Lot's of talented builders on here to help us along. I'm on my first build as well but not as ambitious as yours.
Thanks. Yes, I wish I got to know all these talented builders earlier in my build. Too late now, but maybe they can help me further on,

Yes, I will do so, thanks. I really enjoy building the ship. I just love constructing models ( You hardly get any here anymore). Would love to construct more models but I don't think I will get hold of some more. Maybe start from scratch on my own if possible. Will stay in contact. My build lock will follow soon. Love you guys. Wish I got hold of this site lot sooner.
Welcome aboard from another Saffa!
There is some options available locally, limited to Artesania Latina, Constructo and Billing Boats kits
Here is the links to some local suppliers if you are interested:

Loot
Raru
Jeffrey Stein
Jix Hobbies
Firefly Hobbies

Looking forward to your build logThumbsup

Last edited:
Back