• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Handy housebound work tray

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dudley
  • Start date Start date
  • Watchers Watchers 4
Joined
Jan 2, 2021
Messages
31
Points
48

Here in Surrey UK, January 2021, I'm starting on my Artesania Latina dhow and whilst I have a good workshop out in the garage it's not insulated. Much better to work indoors in the warm so I got myself a seed potting tray from the local garden centre (£6).
It's 16" wide x 12" deep with a minimum of 2" on the surrounding lip. Room for some tools in the rear pouches too. Highly recommended!20210103_192443.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice! For many years I worked the hobby while on the move every few years in the Army...I had to come up with very portable containers for pieces, parts, tools, and cultch. I got two fishing tackle boxes...the ones with the plastic section boxes that slide in and out like drawers. Used those for years...
 
Here in Surrey UK, January 2021, I'm starting on my Artesania Latina dhow and whilst I have a good workshop out in the garage it's not insulated. Much better to work indoors in the warm so I got myself a seed potting tray from the local garden centre (£6).
@geometry dash It's 16" wide x 12" deep with a minimum of 2" on the surrounding lip. Room for some tools in the rear pouches too. Highly recommended!View attachment 203240
Wow! A clever and practical work tray! It looks like a great way to keep tools and projects organized at home!Thumbs-Up
 
Last edited:
Back
Top