Has anyone ordered parts from Artesenia Latina?

I'm just curious if anyone has an idea of the response time or time to receive the price quote or receive the parts. It's been a week since I submitted my parts request and I haven't heard anything from them at all. I've never dealt with them before so I was just hoping someone has an idea of what to expect. Thanks

Also, I am planning on painting the hull of my Bluenose II. If you paint, how necessary is it to lay the second layer of planking? It seems so thin it wouldn't be necessary. I'm just interested in opinions on it.

I'm just curious if anyone has an idea of the response time or time to receive the price quote or receive the parts. It's been a week since I submitted my parts request and I haven't heard anything from them at all. I've never dealt with them before so I was just hoping someone has an idea of what to expect. Thanks

Also, I am planning on painting the hull of my Bluenose II. If you paint, how necessary is it to lay the second layer of planking? It seems so thin it wouldn't be necessary. I'm just interested in opinions on it.
I had some missing parts from my model San Francisco cross section. I sent them an email with details about which part numbers from the description. I got a response fairly quickly (a few days maybe) but the parts took about 3 weeks or so to arrive in Australia.

If you paint, how necessary is it to lay the second layer of planking? It seems so thin it wouldn't be necessary. I'm just interested in opinions on it.
If you can finish the first layer of planking so it has a good surface finish, a second layer may be unnecessary. I have built several schooners and all had a single layer of planking based on how the actual vessels were built. Couple pics below with raw planking and painted finish on the fishing schooner Ernestina and the day schooner Boothbay 65 while she was still under development at Bristol Marine.
Allan
Deck framing started.JPG
Starboard side.JPG
Planked hull .jpg
Hull painted .jpg

I had some missing parts from my model San Francisco cross section. I sent them an email with details about which part numbers from the description. I got a response fairly quickly (a few days maybe) but the parts took about 3 weeks or so to arrive in Australia.
I'm now 10 days in with no word at all. Thanks for the info.

If you can finish the first layer of planking so it has a good surface finish, a second layer may be unnecessary. I have built several schooners and all had a single layer of planking based on how the actual vessels were built. Couple pics below with raw planking and painted finish on the fishing schooner Ernestina and the day schooner Boothbay 65 while she was still under development at Bristol Marine.
Allan
View attachment 449513
View attachment 449514
View attachment 449515
View attachment 449516
Wow. Very nice. Thanks for your opinion. Much appreciated.

Back