Have any shipwrights here used stretchy string?

So I'm getting close to beginning the masts and rigging on my first build. When I was doing the "rigging" on the plastic WWI and WWII battleships I did some time ago, I discovered some type of very fine black string that also stretched very well. It was originally designed for model railroaders for use as telephone wiring on dioramas. I've been unable to find my roll, but before I reorder it, I wonder if any of my cohorts have ever used this stuff for any aspect of the miles of rope on your ship models?

I've used EZ line.
This is on a 1/700 ESSEX for the fwd stbd radio antenna wire. This model was built about 8 years ago.
O155HJz.jpg

I have also used Infini Models lycra rigging line, available in several diameters. EZ line appears kinda squarish in profile, where the Infini line is rounder.

EJ

I've used EZ line.
This is on a 1/700 ESSEX for the fwd stbd radio antenna wire. This model was built about 8 years ago.
O155HJz.jpg

I have also used Infini Models lycra rigging line, available in several diameters. EZ line appears kinda squarish in profile, where the Infini line is rounder.

EJ
MM2 is correct regarding EZ Line's profile. You have to look pretty close to see that though. I'll have to try some Infini line.
HJM

Back