Hayling Hoy by Roger J

Hi I must thank Victor at Modelship For the amazing customer service
I now seem to have a problem at rib 23 (Last rib at the stern) as sanded to the lines it does not follow the lines of the boat it sits too high and if i lower the rib it would not follow the keel any suggestions gratefully received

DSC00286.JPG

DSC00287.JPG

DSC00289.JPG

DSC00290.JPG

when the height compared to the keel (red arrow) and the outer contour of the frame (green arrow) is correct like you mentioned, than the frame is to strong in height and I would just sand down at the end, when all the frames and stern structure is installed to the final inner countour

frame.JPG

A brief update i fitted parts A3a and A3b (sorry i do not know what they are called) and when i measured the height each side found a 2/3 mm discrepancy after a lot of head scratching i realised i had not positioned the keelson correctly
As removing and refitting the keelson would probably leave a mess that would be visible i decided to cut a bit out of the card templates and tape them in position and refit A3a and A3b

DSC00300.JPG

That's the best solution, if you want to use the kit's templates. Nevertheless, those cardboad parts are hardly reliable after the fairing of inner hull. Better way would be taking heights by a bore gauge. I did this way and all went ok. Cheers!

these parts are not very accurate and result too short once bended, but the the mismatch of those you call extensions at the post won't be very visible once the whole inner structure would be done. As notches for the beams are not foreseen in Antscherl's practicum, I replaced mine with scratched, prebent 2Ă—6 mm raw streaks of cherry, neatly kissing each other at the midline.

Thank you albertmary i am going to need it
I am assuming that this is a design error and not a horrible mistake on my part but
I have got to the point where i intend to fit the water way and decking but they are way off in alignment and leave a large gap unless you move the water way forward and then they are fine apart from being to short at the stern and needing a filler making

DSC00305.JPG

DSC00306.JPG

DSC00307.JPG

My point is that, anyway, all these "fairings" parts could hardly fit precisely after tens of little adjustments operated through the whole construction.

My latest problems the laser cut hatch at bow is definitely a design error so am i better modifying the hatch or cutting back the water way?
I have positioned the beams the decking sits on to far forward ( Should have tried the deck earlier ) going to try just moving the back one to the correct position for an easy fix

DSC00316.JPG

DSC00317.JPG

DSC00318.JPG

DSC00319.JPG

Hi Roger,

The part is being designed like this, the way I did it was to sand a slope and put it in:
View attachment 459498
You can choose to do the same or cut them into 4 pieces and assemble the way you wish. I hope this helps.
In all honesty and in my humble opinion, that recovery looks a bit poor to me. I have never seen before any hatch frame carved on the waterway's contour. I'd have rather downsized the frame. Cheers!

I decided to take the easy option as i would have to move the supports and probably have made a bigger mess and i agree it does looks a bit poor i may alter it later as i do not like the surround not being planked
Had a look at the stern and the windows do not line up i think the end frames? are the wrong way around it is not clear in the instructions fortunately the beams are not glued in so in shouldn't be to much trouble

DSC00321.JPG

DSC00322.JPG

DSC00323.JPG

Back