Hayling Hoy by Roger J

Hi Alberto
Thank you for the reply i missed the template and everything is badly of centre and nothing lines up so i am pulling it all off and starting again
Your Hoy looks amazing well beyond my ability

The rebuilt stern looks a lot better and the decking now follows the ribs a lot better
Looking further ahead at the masts the instructions mention taking dimensions from the plans unfortunately there are no plans in the kit and i cannot find them online so i will have to contact model ship dockyard if i get that far

DSC00326.JPG

DSC00328.JPG

You are making very good and quality progress.
In the meantime it is more or less a building log, and if you agree, I would like to move this topic to the kit building logs - I would also adjust the title and delete "help needed"

I have a bit of a problem with the planking not cut or glued anything but trying to get some feel for how it should go i have this issue following the bow and stern after a fashion the centre part is about 3mm higher than the ribs?
Any suggestions of the best way to go would be gratefully received

DSC00340.JPG

DSC00341.JPG

DSC00342.JPG

DSC00343.JPG

I have a bit of a problem with the planking not cut or glued anything but trying to get some feel for how it should go i have this issue following the bow and stern after a fashion the centre part is about 3mm higher than the ribs?
Any suggestions of the best way to go would be gratefully received

View attachment 462284

View attachment 462285

View attachment 462286

View attachment 462287
Good afternoon Roger. This is impressive work. Neat tidy and great joinery. Cheers Grant

When the frames / ribs are shorter - fine, you do not ahve to cut them - and you have still enough "meat" to fix the planking against the frames
Important is, that the planking height over the deck is correct

I have started fitting the transom the rendered drawings and instructions are no help whatsoever and looking at other logs on the site every one is different.
So i decided to go for the easy way out and just painted the frames black and fitted them flush. I am not using the glass it looked odd and clumsy stuck between the ribs

DSC00357.JPG

DSC00361.JPG

DSC00362.JPG

I've been following your build closely, and I find your work really good. It almost makes me want to buy the same kit ;)

Back