Heller 1/400 Redoubtable

My first submarine ever. The Heller 1/400 Redoubtable.

I am not sure what Heller attemped to achieve with this kit, as it feels that it was cross between a toy and a static model. But, the build was relatively ok. The seam along the hull was just a monster - there were no location pins, so aligning the two halves was quite a challenge. I have, also used oils to weather and highlight the model. Also a first, but very pleasurable as oils are very forgiving. this will definitely the last submarine model as the Zvezda K19 is lurking in the stash :eek:

Redoubtable A.jpg

Redoubtable B.jpg

My first submarine ever. The Heller 1/400 Redoubtable.

I am not sure what Heller attemped to achieve with this kit, as it feels that it was cross between a toy and a static model. But, the build was relatively ok. The seam along the hull was just a monster - there were no location pins, so aligning the two halves was quite a challenge. I have, also used oils to weather and highlight the model. Also a first, but very pleasurable as oils are very forgiving. this will definitely the last submarine model as the Zvezda K19 is lurking in the stash :eek:

View attachment 312447

View attachment 312448
it's looks beautiful model, well done

Very well done considering the problems with the halves not having any locator pins.

Back