Hello. Again.

Some 14 years ago, I began my first build, Model Shipways' Armed Virginia Sloop, 1768 with the aid of Bob Hunt's practicum. At that time, I was a member here, but under what handle and password have long faded from memory.
Life took a few turns and the whole kit and caboodle were packed up for another day.
That "other" day came 'round just about 4 or 5 weeks ago when I dusted off the box, brushed up on the lessons in the practicum binder, and took a second, hard look at the hull, finished only through the first planking.
After much stalling and procrastination, I once again began cutting and gluing. This time, I'm working on the second planking in walnut. The going is slow and deliberate and I already see some of my mistakes, but now I'm ready to get through this step and move on.
I'll post a few pics, first to show where I left off all those years ago, and then some to show the progress I've made in the last couple of weeks.
It's good to be back!

1.JPG2.JPGIMG_3261.JPGIMG_3569.JPG

So glad to see you got back to it. Looks like you have your planking method down.
We look forward to seeing your progress.

Hi Joe,
beautiful work on the planking - I am glad that you decided to give it another try. Welcome back and again !!!

Some 14 years ago, I began my first build, Model Shipways' Armed Virginia Sloop, 1768 with the aid of Bob Hunt's practicum. At that time, I was a member here, but under what handle and password have long faded from memory.
Life took a few turns and the whole kit and caboodle were packed up for another day.
That "other" day came 'round just about 4 or 5 weeks ago when I dusted off the box, brushed up on the lessons in the practicum binder, and took a second, hard look at the hull, finished only through the first planking.
After much stalling and procrastination, I once again began cutting and gluing. This time, I'm working on the second planking in walnut. The going is slow and deliberate and I already see some of my mistakes, but now I'm ready to get through this step and move on.
I'll post a few pics, first to show where I left off all those years ago, and then some to show the progress I've made in the last couple of weeks.
It's good to be back!
Hallo Joe,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
Would be great to see your further work on the sloop in a building log.....

Back