Hello all

Hi, i'm a 66yr old semi retired toolmaker always messing with something from classic cars ( not so much now) to restoring Lambrettas.
Saw Deagostini HMS Victory 1:84 scale for sale cheap. Near complete mags and parts for a reasonable price so bought it. Never built anything like this before and thought it was a bonus part of the hull was built. Didn't realise it was by David Blunket so fudged my way through and made copper tiles to cover bad bits.
On to the rigging now and loving it but made loads of mistakes.wake up zzzź
So no pee taking if i post pic's

Thanks for the welcome.
I am a 66yr old semi retired toolmaker used to restore classic cars now do Lambrettas.
Bought a Deagostini HMS Victory 1:84 which had been started by Stevie Wonder. Almost complete kit and first one i've ever done so struggled to know what was right and what was badly built but struggled on and up to the rigging stage. Made a few mistakes and a pro would notice but quite happy up to now.

Hi, i'm a 66yr old semi retired toolmaker always messing with something from classic cars ( not so much now) to restoring Lambrettas.
Saw Deagostini HMS Victory 1:84 scale for sale cheap. Near complete mags and parts for a reasonable price so bought it. Never built anything like this before and thought it was a bonus part of the hull was built. Didn't realise it was by David Blunket so fudged my way through and made copper tiles to cover bad bits.
Welcome from another new modeler

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Would like to see your built ---- and I will not, when I see your model ......
Mistakes are exisiting, in order to learn and make it better next time - and we are happy to help and assist

Hope i've hidden most of the mistakes, If anyone else has built this model why have I got cannons left over, ( the ones painted ochre )

20200215_135206.jpg

20200103_153344.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo @monument7,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @monument7
we wish you alll the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back