Hello everyone

Seems like a good group of ship builders, so hoping you have room for another apprentice.
I am from the coast of NE Massachusetts and have grown up with boats and ships.
Saw the tall ships back in the early 70s even come in to our port.
I purchased the Shipwright series and getting close to finishing the dory.
By the way I can walk to Lowells Boat Works in 10 minutes.
Hoping to progress beyond the 3 in the series, and I'm sure I will pickup ideas in here.
There was a beautiful 2 masted schooner in the harbor for many years but she was sold her name was Heart's Desire.

Dave

A warm welcome Dave. Plenty of room for a new apprentice.
You can start your own build log if you wish, show your progress, get advice if you want and inspire others.
You will find here on SoS a great and friendly community of people sharing a great hobby.

Seems like a good group of ship builders, so hoping you have room for another apprentice.
Hoping to progress beyond the 3 in the series, and I'm sure I will pickup ideas in here.
There was a beautiful 2 masted schooner in the harbor for many years but she was sold her name was Heart's Desire.

Dave
If you are curious, according to the video I saw online, the Hearts Desire is now in San Francisco Bay. :) I had to look it up.
Welcome to the forums. This is a great group of model builders with some at a very high level of experience.
If you run into a challenge, You can always ask on here.

Again, Welcome !

Jeff

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

The mentioned schooner is really a very fine boat
43-Alden-Schooner-HEARTS-DESIRE-Dream-Boat-Harbor-Good-Boats-for-Sale-12-1200x750.jpeg 43-Alden-Schooner-HEARTS-DESIRE-Dream-Boat-Harbor-Good-Boats-for-Sale-4.jpeg

You can charter this boat for 2 hours (or longer)

In Newburyport her hull was green. They would come up the river to the mooring buoy under sail sometimes. There was also an older catboat named Rosebud I think that sailed in the harbor.
When I complete this series I will see where it takes me.

Dave
Hallo @JoppaFlats
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back