Hello fellow modelers

I am a modeler from a very early age and basically interested in sailing ships of late XVIII and XIX century, having built a french cutter (1805) based on the plans of the "Association des amis du Musée de la Marine" (Paris-France), a Barque du Léman, based on the book by Gérard Cornaz and I am currently working on H.M.S. Sirius frigate, H.M.S. Victory and a Greek schooner named Terpsichore (1818).
Happy new year to all
Denis
P1018018.JPG PA237138.JPG

Welcome on board, Denis! Were fun is just the beginning!! We would love to see a build log for one of your current projects, in a New Year, perhaps? Happy New Year!!

G'day Denis from the Land Downunder
Welcome to our family at SOS. With your skills and knowledge you will be s great asset to us.
I would love to see more details in your incredible builds.
As Jim has already said to you, why not start a build log on your current project?
Happynewyear mate.

Hallo Denis,
a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Great looking models you are showing us. Would be great to see one of your actual builts in a building log

Hallo Denis,
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Would be great to see some work on your actual project(s)

Hello everybody,
Sorry to reply late to your gentle wishes.
I will be soon with you with a "strange project called "TERPSICHORE" which is underway for last 2 years!!!!
I will be showing you the research, the laying down of this peculiar schooner originally laid down on the island
of Hydra (Greece today) in 1818 who fought against the (at that time) Turkish occupation that lasted for 400 years...
I am not alone in this project as my friend George and myself are building 2 models of this controversial ship
for the commemoration of the 200 years from the independence of Greece.
I attach hereby pictures showing a painting of Terpsichore by Antoine Roux, one of the shipyard model and
one of the "static model".
The history and the deeds of this vessel will follow as the work progresses.
Since this period is characteristic for wishes, let me wish you all happy holidays and a very "productive" new year
I sign this also on behalf of my fellow modeler George Bouzounis who does not speak English.01417afd0cefa5584a5f26f7ae8c8d414a7c559e76.jpgPeinture Antoine Roux.jpgSAM_8456.JPG

Very interesting projects - I would be very happy, to read and see much more, so why not starting a building log (also from in between)

Back