Hello from Colorado

Hello! I live in Denver and I’m happy to meet everyone! Especially other female of the species who are interested in model building.

I have a Midwest Products Sakonnet Daysailer kit on the way I purchased via Ebay. I’ve seen this kit many times over the years and it has still held my interest. I‘ve no tools or workbench yet, so I‘m shopping around online for ideas to get started.

I’m hoping to meet many people and hopeful for mentors as I learn many skills.

I‘m interested in J Class Yachts and the Bluenose. I want to do pof builds in the future.
Hallo @bubblezephyr
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks for the nice welcomes everyone!

@Philski Thanks I followed it and found a few others too.

@Kurt Konrath That's great to hear and I look forward to seeing those materials! I've a lot to learn for planking especially. I'm sure this is not a new thing hah

@Mira L Nice to meet you too! Longmont is not too far.
@bubblezephyr, @ Mira L, in case you are not aware, there is a local model ship building club called Rocky Mountain Shipwrights. Our immediate past President, now our Commodore for the club is a woman and I’m sure you both would be welcome! We have meetings on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 9 AM, at Knockler’s Woodworking on Colorado Blvd in Denver and on the first Sat of the month, we have a building workshop at the Arvada Police station.
Hope to see you both there!
BTW, I live in Aurora. We have a couple other members on here too.

Next meeting is Jan 21.

Jeff

Hello! I live in Denver and I’m happy to meet everyone! Especially other female of the species who are interested in model building.

I have a Midwest Products Sakonnet Daysailer kit on the way I purchased via Ebay. I’ve seen this kit many times over the years and it has still held my interest. I‘ve no tools or workbench yet, so I‘m shopping around online for ideas to get started.

I’m hoping to meet many people and hopeful for mentors as I learn many skills.

I‘m interested in J Class Yachts and the Bluenose. I want to do pof builds in the future.
Hallo @bubblezephyr
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back