Hello from Illinois

My name is Ed and I'm happy to have found this forum! I'm a former flying model builder (good ol' balsa/paper/dope); more recently sailing R/C boats on local ponds. In between I've been on Lake Michigan sailing full-scale. Wanted to get back into building and finally dug out an HMS Grimsby that my wife bought me some years ago. Got a good start on it, thanks to the great build logs here. Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Welcome aboard SOS, Ed!! How about your own build log of HMS Grimsby? Would you consider it? Is it feasible?

Certainly feasible. I've been keeping a diary and pics, just need to figure out the process here. Thanks!
Thank you! You are a few steps away from having your own build log: Follow the link below, click Post a thread, and ...Bingo. It is all yours the way you like it!

Welcome Ed!. What do you sail on the Great Lakes? I used to do some small scow sailing in the area way back in another lifetime...

Nice! I hear you about "way back"! Over the years we've sailed a Catalina 25, 30 and Beneteau 37. I think we'll stick closer to home now :)

Back