Hello from Olympia WA

Have been building for more or less 25 years...4 mostly scratch built 1:98 destroyers, 3 of which were the one I served on in the 60s,. Jotika Victory and Agamemnon, Mantua Victory and a several others. I'm just about to wrap up Amati's Revenge and have looked at several of the build logs on that particular model and been impressed. But I have run into a bit of a problem...I don't know if this is the place to introduce the question or not so I'll proceed. The belaying pin plan leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion and that's where the problem arises. The pin rails on the forward rail of the forecastle have a total of 10 spots for belaying pins. The plans call for a total of 17 lines. I've never before run into this and wondered if anybody knows if belaying pins can be used for multiple lines? It doesn't seem likely in my mind. Anybody have any ideas?

Tnx,

Bruce

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Have been building for more or less 25 years...4 mostly scratch built 1:98 destroyers, 3 of which were the one I served on in the 60s,. Jotika Victory and Agamemnon, Mantua Victory and a several others. I'm just about to wrap up Amati's Revenge and have looked at several of the build logs on that particular model and been impressed. But I have run into a bit of a problem...I don't know if this is the place to introduce the question or not so I'll proceed. The belaying pin plan leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion and that's where the problem arises. The pin rails on the forward rail of the forecastle have a total of 10 spots for belaying pins. The plans call for a total of 17 lines. I've never before run into this and wondered if anybody knows if belaying pins can be used for multiple lines? It doesn't seem likely in my mind. Anybody have any ideas?

Tnx,

Bruce
Hallo Bruce alias @Old FT
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Tnx,

Bruce
Hallo @Old FT
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back