Hello from Ontario Canada

As a new member I am very pleased to have found this site with a variety of talented builders from around the world. I have recently retired as a contract model ship builder for a ship yard on the Great Lakes, and now plan to resume building models for myself where the demand for a completion date is not so strict.

Over the past years while working for the ship yard on Lake Erie I have completed models of the Baltimore Fire Tug, the Fire Tug for the city of Chicago, a Research vessel for the University of Maryland, Pilot boats for the Laurentian Pilotage Authority out of Montreal, and my last contract before I retired last year was for two 1/20th scale models for Canada Coast Guard of their new 20 meter Search and Rescue vessels. My next project (for me) will either be a model of the Bluenose for my wife, or a model of a Great Lakes Topsail Schooner which I started many years ago and would like to finish.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Over the past years while working for the ship yard on Lake Erie I have completed models of the Baltimore Fire Tug, the Fire Tug for the city of Chicago, a Research vessel for the University of Maryland, Pilot boats for the Laurentian Pilotage Authority out of Montreal, and my last contract before I retired last year was for two 1/20th scale models for Canada Coast Guard of their new 20 meter Search and Rescue vessels. My next project (for me) will be either a model of the Bluenose for my wife, or a model of a Great Lakes Topsail Schooner which I started many years ago and would like to finish.

Canadian Engineer .JPG
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6d7.jpg

Sorry, haven't quite got a handle on the web site yet. Canadian Engineer in the above photo was one of the first vessels built in Toronto for the Canadian Government Merchant Marine in 1920. This company is now called Canada Steamship Lines. The other photo is of the new Search and Rescue boats for Canada Coast Guard.

These are very interesting vessels and very good quality builds - Many thanks for sharing with us

Back