hello from Romania

Hello Again,
Last week I was making a lot of drawings and balancing waterlines.Not very proud of the result, but sanding is always an option.:)
Here is a sample of my work

20200425_122814.jpg

due of limitation of laser cutter at my friend place ( max 300 x500 mm) I have to make the keel from 3 mm plyboard in 2 pieces , The pieces will be bonded with epoxy for resistence and for that reason the assembly line are on other parts of keel.
the propeller shaft will have 6 mm diameter

.20200425_122459.jpg

Hello Daniel ,I suggest you to start a build log in a separate thread in the scratch build category,it will be an interesting build ,thank you.

OK ,I will begin a new thread.
Is possible to change the name of this thread and move to scratchbuild section?
Thanks ,Daniel

Thanks Daniel. When we were seeking to buy a new house, the main criterium was that there must be enough room for a good hobbyroom. And when we saw this house, immediately we bought it. No matter in which condition the other rooms were. Fortunately they were very nice too, so no need for major reparations.

And when I still was working, I was investing to power tools like lathe, milling machine and cnc router, because I knew that after retirement I don't have possibility to buy them any more. Now I am very happy that I did so.

I like very much your idea to build your own launch, whether it is steam or electrically powered. I think your launch is big enough to accommodate all necessary equipment, so go for it! And please start a building blog here, it would be nice to follow how it is progressing.
I am also planning to start building of a beautiful open wooden launch for my next project. Not yet sure if it will have steam or electric drive. Anyway electric is so much simpler to handle, so it may be that it will have a fake steam engine but the main power is coming from a hidden electric motor. This might be an option for you too.

View attachment 144304
I found something and wanted to share with you
Swedish Launch.jpeg

Thanks Daniel, that launch seems to be exactly what I want to build next. Do you think I could find copy of the drawing somewhere?

Thanks a lot Daniel. I have to find the drawing of this beautiful launch somewhere. After all it has been issued in our neighbour country Sweden, by Swedish Sjöhistorisk Museum, where we visited last October, not very far from where we live.
It seems that there is also a beautifully made glassfibre hull available, but that is in US, so transporting could cost a small fortune, and I rather would like to build the launch all by myself.

Back