Hello from Santa Catarina, Brazil

I discovered this forum during my endless research on my family's history, and over these seven years of investigation, I came across the wonderful world of historical ship modeling. I'm a quality engineer and 3D artist, and I'm using my skills to recreate the C.G.T SS La Bourgogne, the steamship my great-great-grandfather boarded from the Canary Islands/Spain to Santos/Brazil in 1890. However, I'm unable to find high-quality plans to make the best and most accurate reproduction of this magnificent steamship and 3D print it. Thank you all, and I'm honored to be part of this forum.

Welcome and that’s quite a ship to build!

View attachment 461102

Wow! That's it! I tried to access the site heritage-ships.com to buy this plan, but it's no longer available for sale. If anyone knows how I can purchase this plan in high definition, I saw through the Wayback Machine that it was available in the following options:
  • 150 DPI JPG Image download ($20.00)
  • 300 DPI JPG Image download ($30.00)
  • 600 DPI JPG Image download ($40.00)
  • 1200 DPI TIFF Image file on CD ($85.00)
But unfortunately, the site no longer has these plans available for sale...

I'm grateful for the warm welcome and the kind messages!

also from my side a warm wlecome here on board of our forum

That is really a highly interesting project

1721973260292.png

Maybe there are possibilities for one of her sister ships, I found the photo of the La Bretagne

1721973466007.png

In March 1885, Compagnie Générale Transatlantique (CGT), announced the building of four new steamers for the Le HavreNew York route at the company's Penhoët ship yard. The similarly sized steamers, La Champagne, La Bourgogne, La Bretagne, and La Gascogne, were built under a French government subsidy law that provided that the ships could be taken over in a time of war. CGT also announced that noted French designer Jules Allard would decorate the four ships.

BTW: an interesting page with passenger lists etc. (I guess you know this page already)

Checked via ‘whois’ domain check:

There is a phone number …

Registrant Contact
Name:
Protected Protected
Organization:
Shield Whois
Street:
Radiovägen 2
City:
Västra Frölunda
Postal Code:
SE
Phone:
+46.104500390
Email:
email
@shieldwhois.com

Welcome to the forum. I got to visit Florianopolis in Santa Catarina state in 1985. Beautiful harbor and city. Unfortunately, I don't have any information on the ship you are looking for. I have a love of ancestry as well. My ancestor born in Keppoch, Scotland, came to America in 1715 on a ship called Scipio as a slave after being captured by the British during the 3rd Jacobite rebellion. I want to thank you for the idea of searching for information on the Scipio to see if I can find enough information to build a model of it. Good luck in your search!

Back