Hello From The Bronx NY. Thanx for the add.

Just finishing the Dumas Creole Queen after all these years and I’m not happy with the picture Tape Railings. I read someone on here made the railings and would like to Purchase them. To finish my Project. I’ve tried plastistruct and a few others and still not happy. I would appreciate any help I could get. Jason.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

The Bronx! My beloved homeland. 149th and Union- St. Mary's Park, then Fenton Ave-Boston Post rd. PS78, Sts Philip and James, Jr High 142- then we refugeed out to Long Island, but the Bronx was a great place to be a kid in the 50s and early 60s. Freedomland!

The Bronx! My beloved homeland. 149th and Union- St. Mary's Park, then Fenton Ave-Boston Post rd. PS78, Sts Philip and James, Jr High 142- then we refugeed out to Long Island, but the Bronx was a great place to be a kid in the 50s and early 60s. Freedomland!
Another Bronxite! This makes 3 of us....any others?
187th. & Lorillard Ave. Belmont (grandparents).......Bainbridge Ave/Gun Hill Rd.....PS 56, St. Brendans/Mt. St. Michael Academy. Worked on Bartow Ave. across from Freedomland (now Bay Plaza)

Why do the call it “THE” Bronx not just Bronx? No one calls it THE Brooklyn.

Why do the call it “THE” Bronx not just Bronx? No one calls it THE Brooklyn.
People often wonder why the Bronx, alone of all New York's boroughs, has “the” as part of its name. It's because the borough is named after the Bronx River and the river was named for a man born in far-off Sweden (read more in the article below)

Good sleuthing Jim! Back in the early 1900's when the IRT subway was being excavated under what is now World Trade Center, a burned piece of ship timber was found. History legend has it that the ship Jonas Bronck (Bronx River namesake) sailed on had burned on the sight it was moored at, which is today that original WTC site. It has been speculated that this early 20th. century find may have been a piece from that ship. Back in the late 60's & early 70's when the foundation for the original WTC site was being excavated, historians were aware of the previous find, and had a watchful eye to see if anything more turned up. This was repeated in 2010, when new foundations were being excavated for the new WTC. This time they hit paydirt, although it was obviously not from the remains of a 17th century ship it appears! Many articles on this, I post one here:

Back