Hello from Vancouver Island BC

Hello everyone. Thanks for having me. I have been reading and following a few threads here and am astounded at the level of skill and expertise among you!

I have been a modeler since a kid, although life and family has reduced my modeling to short bursts here and there. I have a ship wrecked and de-masted cutter Andromede by Dikar which I worked on a little at a time for many years - but most of the time it just sat in a box. I was pretty proud of getting the masts up and the rigging started and so had it on the fireplace mantle when an encounter with the family cat left it in a mess. It sits on the shelf in the same condition the cat left it in as I could never get around to tearing it apart and fixing it.

Recently things have slowed down a little and I have gotten back to the modeling. I pulled out my 20 year old unfinished kit of Billings Bankert to find the batteries ruined and my radio not working. So its going to be a static model now as I do not fancy cutting a large enough hole in it to remove the gel battery. I have restarted detailing and puzzling out the superstructure. Billings seems to believe in a picture being worth a thousand words, but a few words here and there would speed things up a little. I am following the Group Build English Cutter Half Hull with interest and have started my own - maybe I will be brave enough to make a build log too.

Here is a picture of Andromede shortly before the monster feline attack:

Mvc-002f.jpg

Maurice

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
JA JA - our animals are helping and destroying sometimes....... sorry to hear

Hello
I have just joined SOS and am also refurbishing the Dikar Andromeda. There is very little to go on in the way of plans and I need to redo all the rigging which has deteriorated over time and become knotted and damaged in storage. Patch repairs are hopeless so renewing is the best option. Does anyone on the forum know where I can find plans for Andromeda or if not a similarly rigged cutter. Based on the build logs I have seen on the site I have a lot to learn.

Lawrence

Thanks for the welcome, there is plenty of inspiration and help on the site, I am looking forward to researching.

Regards

Mike

Hello
I have just joined SOS and am also refurbishing the Dikar Andromeda. There is very little to go on in the way of plans and I need to redo all the rigging which has deteriorated over time and become knotted and damaged in storage. Patch repairs are hopeless so renewing is the best option. Does anyone on the forum know where I can find plans for Andromeda or if not a similarly rigged cutter. Based on the build logs I have seen on the site I have a lot to learn.
Hallo Mike
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum

Hello everyone. Thanks for having me. I have been reading and following a few threads here and am astounded at the level of skill and expertise among you!

I have been a modeler since a kid, although life and family has reduced my modeling to short bursts here and there. I have a ship wrecked and de-masted cutter Andromede by Dikar which I worked on a little at a time for many years - but most of the time it just sat in a box. I was pretty proud of getting the masts up and the rigging started and so had it on the fireplace mantle when an encounter with the family cat left it in a mess. It sits on the shelf in the same condition the cat left it in as I could never get around to tearing it apart and fixing it.

Recently things have slowed down a little and I have gotten back to the modeling. I pulled out my 20 year old unfinished kit of Billings Bankert to find the batteries ruined and my radio not working. So its going to be a static model now as I do not fancy cutting a large enough hole in it to remove the gel battery. I have restarted detailing and puzzling out the superstructure. Billings seems to believe in a picture being worth a thousand words, but a few words here and there would speed things up a little. I am following the Group Build English Cutter Half Hull with interest and have started my own - maybe I will be brave enough to make a build log too.

Maurice
Hallo Maurice alias @MoStar
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Maurice
Hallo @MoStar
Birthday-Cake

Hello
Hallo @MikeT
Birthday-Cake

Back