Hello from Vienna

Welcome aboard SOS, Willibard! You are certainly at the right place to learn more about periods ships and their models. Take your time cruising aboard our forum, and most important - have fun!

Hallo Willi,
I am very happy, that you decided to be a part of our forum.
A warm welcome here on board.
For everybody who do not know him until now......
.....Willi knows a lot, really a lot about the mentioned time-period, he is a marvelous modeler and carver.
So I guess, that we can learn a lot from him......
Willi, I wish you a lot of fun and hope, that you have the possibility to participate in the communication.

Hallo Willi,
Ich bin sehr glücklich, dass du dich entschieden hast ein Teil unseres Forums zu sein.
Ein freundliches Willkommen hier an Bord.
Für alle diejenigen, welche Ihn bisher noch nicht kennen.....
.....Willi weiß viel, sehr viel über die genannte Periode, er ist ein herausragender Modellbauer und Schnitzer.
I gehe davon aus, dass wir hier sehr viel von dir lernen können.....
Willi, ich wünsche dir hier viel Spaß und hoffe auf anregende Teilnahme an der Foren Kommunikation

My Name is Willibald Meischl and my nickname is schifferlbauer.
I like the Models of the 17th. and 18th. Century an have a little know how of them.

Welcome aboard Willibald,

ich kenne Dich bzw. Deine Arbeiten aus einem anderem Forum,
mir fällt aber im Moment nicht ein, in welchem.

Grüsse Karl

Last edited:
Due to the fact, that Karl already outed Willi - I am able to post the web-page of the modelling group "Interessengemeinschaft Modell Segelschiffe" located here in Vienna.

http://www.schifferlbauer.com/index.html

The page is in german language, but you can easily click around to see very interesting photos of beautiful models and very interesting historical data and fact of their research activities.

To see the models of Willi and other of the group, please click on "Schiffsmodelle" or "Schiffsmodelle 2"

1.JPG

than click on the photo of one of the models, f.e. the York built by Willi, so you come to the individual model which are shown over several pages

2.JPG

You can open next pages via the arrows on the left or right bottom of each page

3.JPG

I can fully recommend to everybody to take the time a click through

Hello
Uwe thank you to point out my website. I hope some modelbuilder take time to view some pages. The german language could be translate by Google. By klicking
the Button I.G.MSS you can find some interesting information. If some one find it make sense that I show some Models in the SOS let me know this and I will post some treads.

regards
Willi (schifferlbauer)

Hello
Uwe thank you to point out my website. I hope some modelbuilder take time to view some pages. The german language could be translate by Google. By klicking
the Button I.G.MSS you can find some interesting information. If some one find it make sense that I show some Models in the SOS let me know this and I will post some treads.

regards
Willi (schifferlbauer)
It would be great if you show us some models - would be great

Hello Willibald, I was looking at your models on your webpage and it really seems that you are a master of shipmodeling. Being rather new here too, I always want to learn more from you superbuilders, and this is why I am asking, could it be possible for you to describe how you are making those marvellous carvings? Like which wood and which tools are you using?

Last edited:
Hi Willibald. As we say in Russia: it is never too late learning. I am sure we would all benefit from one of your building logs. Doesn't' have to be from start to finish, maybe some of the aspects of special techniques. We all learn from each other. Isn't it a beauty of a forum like SOS?

Hello, thank you for your interest .
I need a little time, because our Bowling Championship is in the last and important part, we are this time on the third place and so I must
spend my time for this.
I will show you my models and models built by my friends, and I also will explane some sience of carving and drawing

Best regards
Willi (schifferlbauer)

Back