Hello to everyone.

Hello everybody.

Although many of the members of this forum already know us, we believe it is convenient as new members to introduce ourselves to the community.
When we started OcCre in 2000, we wanted to build more than just a beautiful, top-quality product. Our goal is to create great experiences, memories, anecdotes through modeling. To create a community to help people from all over the world find their place, their passion, their motivation, their therapy. Modeling helps us see the world through different eyes.
We hope to be able to collaborate with all of you, and with your help to continue improving day by day. Of course, all your comments and suggestions will always be welcome and taken into consideration.

Thanks again.

Welcome to our forum! I recent bought the OcCre HMS Revenge. Nice model. The instructions are exceptionally good. There are always room for improvements on model kits. Most notably, builders often replace all the blocks, and occasionally the hull planking with something better than mahogany, such as cherry or walnut, and the sometimes rigging line with properly wound rope off a ropewalk. I always replace the blocks with "beautiful" blocks from Model Expo or blocks from Dry-Dock Models & Parts, anything but the square cut low quality blocks found in kits. At the risk of increasing kit costs, would you consider replacing blocks in your kits with properly shaped blocks? It would certainly improve the appearance of the model to a noticeable degree.

Hello everybody.

Although many of the members of this forum already know us, we believe it is convenient as new members to introduce ourselves to the community.
When we started OcCre in 2000, we wanted to build more than just a beautiful, top-quality product. Our goal is to create great experiences, memories, anecdotes through modeling. To create a community to help people from all over the world find their place, their passion, their motivation, their therapy. Modeling helps us see the world through different eyes.
We hope to be able to collaborate with all of you, and with your help to continue improving day by day. Of course, all your comments and suggestions will always be welcome and taken into consideration.

Thanks again.
Welcome.
I must say that you produce a very nice product.

Welcome to our forum! I recent bought the OcCre HMS Revenge. Nice model. The instructions are exceptionally good. There are always room for improvements on model kits. Most notably, builders often replace all the blocks, and occasionally the hull planking with something better than mahogany, such as cherry or walnut, and the sometimes rigging line with properly wound rope off a ropewalk. I always replace the blocks with "beautiful" blocks from Model Expo or blocks from Dry-Dock Models & Parts, anything but the square cut low quality blocks found in kits. At the risk of increasing kit costs, would you consider replacing blocks in your kits with properly shaped blocks? It would certainly improve the appearance of the model to a noticeable degree.
Thanks for your welcome Kurt.
We greatly appreciate your comment and kind words. We try little by little to increase the quality of our kits, as well as the accessories that are included with them. That's why we always listen to all the comments and suggestions of all the modellers.
Of course, everything can be improved, and our models are no exception.
I will forward your suggestion to the technical department so that they take it into account for future product updates.

Shame you never finish the you tube builds.
Hello.!

??

We have over 30 different video series on our YouTube channel.
Obviously, some are still being edited.
And now that you mention it, although I think it is not the most ideal place, since this is for welcomes and presentations, I take this opportunity to make a clarification that many modellers have not understood well.
The videos are NOT assembly instructions. They are simply a visual aid for those inexperienced modellers who do not know how to carry out the most common assembly maneuvers.
The instructions are those that are delivered printed on paper with the kit.
Any discrepancy between the videos and the paper instructions, the latter always prevail.
Thank you so much

Hello.!

??

We have over 30 different video series on our YouTube channel.
Obviously, some are still being edited.
And now that you mention it, although I think it is not the most ideal place, since this is for welcomes and presentations, I take this opportunity to make a clarification that many modellers have not understood well.
The videos are NOT assembly instructions. They are simply a visual aid for those inexperienced modellers who do not know how to carry out the most common assembly maneuvers.
The instructions are those that are delivered printed on paper with the kit.
Any discrepancy between the videos and the paper instructions, the latter always prevail.
Thank you so much
I agree. The movies answer some basic questions on assembly methods but are not intended to be instructions. In the OcCre Revenge kit, the instructions are page after page of step-by-step color illustrations geared toward the beginner, and those color instructions are expensive to print. They go a lot farther than the videos in helping beginners learn hull planking and rigging. The videos combined with the instructions (and even better yet, the addition of the build logs on this forum) are a great combination of tools to learn how to assemble and rig a model ship when you are still new.

Hello everybody.

Thanks again.

Hello everybody.

Thanks again.
Hello, I have several of your kits. Did you discontinue the San Ildefonso?
The only supplier that had it reasonably priced was Model Expo. I actually had it in my shopping cart and had ordered but several customers must have put I in their cart first. So they refunded my money.

I have made many Occre kits. Occre, kits are the best for the money overall! Excellent product and materials, Easy to follow instructions with pictures and great service. A winner overall.

Back