Hello

Hello. I'm a new member and like to introduce myself.
I'm Erik age 67 and I'm living in the Netherlands. A country with a tremendous naval history. I'm just retired and so having more free time and interested in the beautiful world of shipmodelling.

Welcome Erik,

Ship modeling can be a very rewarding hobby and I really hope you enjoy your time exploring it. Good luck!!

Welcome aboard ship mate! My daughter and granddaughter live in Netherlands also. Zoetermeer is the town. I have been there once and enjoyed all of it, except the airport of course. Once again, welcome.

Welcome from this side of the big sea!

Have fun, look around read the many help topics to learn what you need to know, and use the search function to check out any one builder or a ship your thinking of building to get others opinions.

Welcome aboard SoS Erik from an other Dutchy.
Enjoy yourself going through the forums here and if you decide to start building a model yourself you are of course invited to start a build log.

Welcome Erik, from another Hollander. Just joined a couple of weeks ago, and this place is a very warm, welcoming, treasure trove of knowledge and help. And even tough historically we Dutch showed the Spanish, British, Americans, French et al how to build ships,
..now we need all the help we can get!
;)

Hello. I'm a new member and like to introduce myself.
I'm Erik age 67 and I'm living in the Netherlands. A country with a tremendous naval history. I'm just retired and so having more free time and interested in the beautiful world of shipmodelling.
Erik welcome to the forum from me. Like you I started when I retired an and have thoroughly enjoyed researching and the early stages of constructing my second model. If you want to follow my model is Seagull and is a plank on frame design. There are a lot of very experienced and very talented members who have already helped me a great deal.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello Erik, and welcome to a great site and forum.
I will be officially retiring myself in a few months, age 65. My interest in building model ships was sparked (again) after a trip to Amsterdam/Rotterdam and seeing all the Dutch "barge" style boats, which I really like. I am currently starting to build the Mamoli kit 'Catalina', a Dutch pleasure yacht.
I'd love to try sailing in a real one someday.

Back