Hello

I just joined this forum. I started building ship models in the early 70's but kind of stopped for a long while till one of my sons gave me a plastic model this Christmas and I was hooked again.. I have six wooden models to my credit and a couple of plastic ones. I preferred wooden models, but they are out of my price range in my retirement years so I look for plastic models. One model I always wanted to tackle is the USS Constitution, but I am finding it almost impossible to find one in plastic. Not sure why they are hard to find. It's almost like they no longer make it. I would like to find one in 1:96 scale maybe from Revell or other outlet. You can find them on Ebay, but I am a little leary of Ebay. I hate to purchase one that is incomplete. If anyone has any ideas where to find one, I would be grateful.

Some of the models I have built (most from Model Shipways) are: Young America, Kate Cory, Santa Maria, HMS Victory, , and USS Essex. Most of these were build while living in New Hampshire, The USS Essex was built after I moved to Colorado.

Looking forward to many discussions,

Jim Lawrence

Welcome to the forums, Jim !
What part of Colorado are you from?
I just moved to FL from Aurora CO. There is a wonderful ship building club in Denver (Rocky Mountain Shipwrights). If they are close, I recommend them highly ! A couple of their members (in addition to me) are on these forums too.

Jeff

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back