Hello

Hello! And thanks for adding!
I'm relatively new to ship modelling. Started in 2014 Feb building HMS Bellona. Not from a kit but from scratch. Only material from DIY shops and .. anything else found in scrap yards and $1 shops :) As of today I reached the stage of putting up the masts. Few pictures here.

View attachment 73056View attachment 73055View attachment 73057
Hallo @aalojants , we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

How is the work on your HMS Bellona going?

Hallo @aalojants , we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

How is the work on your HMS Bellona going?

Thank you for your warm wishes, my dear friends and colleagues! :)
It has been exactly a year since my wife and I were evacuated from Sudan and had to leave the house and my Bellona behind. Luckily everything ws packed safely later and I'm waiting for the better times (now because of the COVID) to reunite with her. Here is the last photo taken in Khartoum. Few more elements of the rigging and minor details were only added. Would love to share more once I resume my work on this model.

Stay safe and take care!
61460478_10211130374894385_6257133335789699072_o.jpg

welcome to the best international model ship building site on line.

your build is very impressive what is your backround? it may be your first scratch built ship but the workmanship shows of someone with talent.

I've had a good look around this wonderful site, the quality of the builds is amazing to me, It make me realise how much I have to learn. And i am sure this is the place to get some good advice.
As a nearly new modeller can you advise me on the kind of ship that would be a good start, remembering I am very interested in fighting hips of the 18th & 19th centurys.

Thank you Steve B

hello Steve

your question is sort of loaded with ??? first of all introduce yourself with a little more back round do you have modeling tools? have you built any type of models in the past?

we here on the forum can actually make all kinds of suggestions based on your personal back round but it is difficult for us to give generic answers

welcome to the best international model ship building site on line.

your build is very impressive what is your background? it may be your first scratch built ship but the workmanship shows of someone with talent.

Hi Dave. Thanks a lot! My background in what sense? Shipbuilding? Yes, this is my first model from scratch. My wife suggested to try it as a new hobby (have many others) and I got excited. Learned a lot about period ships and how things were made and work. Still a lot of hicckups. The figurehead is somethng I'd probably re-do later :)

I like a man of many hobbies, keep you well rounded in talents for all hobbies.

We do have a forums for other hobbies to post things you like to do.

We have many model railroaders and RC flyers and folks with many surprising hobbies.

Please look at our Ship Builders Logs https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/forums/sos-build-logs-scratch-or-from-plans.59/
and start a builders log on your ship, showing what you have done and what work is going on. If you need any help the fine members here will normally give you sound advise and options to work with your issues.

Hello! And thanks for adding!
I'm relatively new to ship modelling. Started in 2014 Feb building HMS Bellona. Not from a kit but from scratch. Only material from DIY shops and .. anything else found in scrap yards and $1 shops :) As of today I reached the stage of putting up the masts. Few pictures here.
Hallo @aalojants
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I was going to start by scratch building an 18th century Royal Navy Ship of the line,

But after seeing the quality of your build I think I will start with somethng simpler.

Steve B
Hallo @Steve B
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks for the B-Day wishes.
I am afraid my ship modeling days are over, I have athritis in my right hand and fingers. But I take grate pleasure in SOS site and all the great models & modelers.

Back