Help, Which one to build?????

I’ve been intrigued by the Mamoli Connie. I built the Billing Boats Connie, and it was good for a first kit. Not as detailed as some others.
Thank you, I have gone thru a bunch of the kits and I believe I have decided to work on the Coursire Americain by MGS. I have 3 of them and I have been going thru everything in the boxes 3 and 4 times. Each one having different stuff than the other as far as directions and reading material. Take care and thank you

Thank you, I have gone thru a bunch of the kits and I believe I have decided to work on the Coursire Americain by MGS. I have 3 of them and I have been going thru everything in the boxes 3 and 4 times. Each one having different stuff than the other as far as directions and reading material. Take care and thank you
God bless. Looking forward to your log.

God bless. Looking forward to your log.
Question, I have seen some ships with wood in between the bulk heads. Can you tell me what kind of wood people use for this? I have read that it is good to get a nice smooth hull and being so so new I will take and use everything I can to build these to where they look good. Thanks

Question, I have seen some ships with wood in between the bulk heads. Can you tell me what kind of wood people use for this? I have read that it is good to get a nice smooth hull and being so so new I will take and use everything I can to build these to where they look good. Thanks
Do you have a picture, Jim? Can you copy one from a a build you’ve seen?

Do you have a picture, Jim? Can you copy one from a a build you’ve seen?
No I dont. I have seen the girl on you tube do it and I saw a pic on here but which one I can not say. I did pick me up some whittlers wood from Manards but I think it is to hard next to the soft bulk heads. I am thinking about balsa wood but then again I know that it is real soft.

Now I know what you are talking about. I used balsa for part of the bow. On one side, I used styrofoam because it was easier to cut. It worked better than the balsa for me because the balsa was harder to cut and shape. Of course, I’m probably not the best one to ask.

Now I know what you are talking about. I used balsa for part of the bow. On one side, I used styrofoam because it was easier to cut. It worked better than the balsa for me because the balsa was harder to cut and shape. Of course, I’m probably not the best one to ask.
Well I just ordered 70 bucks worth of balsa wood. I was figuring that if I didnt like the way it worked I could use it for something else. I just saw where people said they used the foam insulation board too. Well I have a bunch to build so I will learn for sure. Thank you for your help.

My suggestion is that you start with the simplest kit, work on one at a time, gain experience and then increase the degree of difficulty. Take notes on problems and solutions found at every step of the process. Don't hesitate to up grade yours models, there are no perfect kits.

Jim,
I’m can relate to your dilemma. I think we’ve all been there at one time. We see a shelf full of new kits and think gee, what a great model I think I’ll build it. This of course is when you’re frustrated with your current build.
Where does it stop? It stops when you have a shelf of unfinished models. My recommendation is to take a step back, a deep breath and finish the current project.
Yes I agree I only have 2 models currently one I am building and one I am going to build! someday when I finish my current ship, But if I didn't control myself I would have many more than 1 in the wings, or in assembly process!!!

Back