Help with 1/400 photo-etch titanic benches

Does anyone have a source for a jig to aid in building benches for the 1/400 Titanic?
I’ve only found 3D printed jigs for 1/200 scar. I’ve scratch built a jig and, this far, am not happy with the results. Any advice would be appreciated.

Since you didn't post any pics, I'm assuming these are square bends. I used a pair of parallel jaw pliers for bending long straight bends.
I don't know if that will help you.

There's a great Titanic build log on you tube called Mid West hobby shop. He shows how to assemble photoetch details for Titanic.

Since you didn't post any pics, I'm assuming these are square bends. I used a pair of parallel jaw pliers for bending long straight bends.
I don't know if that will help you.
Corsair,
Thank youI for responding. I am searching for a jig to ease in mass producing, as I have close to 50 benches, at 6mm each, to bend. Also, I have a second Titanic to build at a later date,

Corsair,
Here’s a picture of the photoetch benches and deck chairs that I am attempting to bend the benches have both square and complex bends. These are typically your park bench type benches. I’ve tried creating different jigs, a “Hold & Fold, and Xuron tools, destroying 4 benches in the process. I was just hoping that perhaps someone out there was printing a jig might help “ease the pain”

Yeah, they are exactly what I thought. I have done quite a bit with photo etch. Be thankful that its brass and not the steel photoetched parts ! They are much harder to work with. I don't think 3-D printing a jig would work because the material of the jig would be softer than the brass. If you have the tools, you might be able to make something out of a strip of aluminum. You can get aluminum stock at most home improvement stores and hobby shops.

Yes. I’ve seen this video. I had tried that method unsuccessfully before seeing the video and, beside that, I was surprised by his “questionable”command of the English language.I will admit that I haven’t seen another video online that addresses my question. I truly appreciate your help in finding a solution. Incidentally, I received the funnels set from your company and am quite impressed with the detail. Your set will go on a future titanic kit. As my current build is turning into a nightmare.

Back